Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Conquering Fear

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oukow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:11 pm
I walk out onto the stage feeling so many pairs of eyes upon me. They’re taunting me; wanting me to turn back and run, trip, then fall. They’re all giving me the same looks of detest and renouncement.

There’s more to it though. Their voices! Their voices make it so much worse; talking about me and my differences, telling lies, saying I’m afraid, they’re laughing at me, making me choke on my own words. Also, their ears! They whisper into one ear, their voice goes in and out of their mouth into another ear.

The looks on their faces prove it all to me. No kindness, no faith in me, no expression meant for me but hatred.

But I look out into the crowd, finally having the strength. I show them that I...I am not afraid. I stare back at each and every last one of them.

Some smile, some nod in agreement, others pay close attention. I can tell they know too but not why. They understand how I feel.

They too, like me, cower in fear at times. But in the end, they conquer it. Just like I have.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:16 pm
A couple of days ago I saw an episode of Sabrina The Teenage Witch and the episode was about fear and it inspired me to write this. So when I got into bed I told myself I would write this the next day but I couldn't wait, so I grabbed my book light whispered "Unleash the Power" (don't ask, that's what I always say when I turn it on >.>; ) and grabbed my notebook and my pen, Larry. And I started to write.

I really like it.  

Oukow

lucyVUITTON

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:45 pm
I like it, too. It's short and a bit choppy in some places, but it really inspires me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:39 pm
The ending was very strong. That gives it a nice, finished feeling even though it's a short work. Good job!  

Voxxx

Oukow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:33 am
Thank you.

When I read it over, I wll always feel like it needs more... =/ But I just don't know.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:49 pm
But I look out into the crowd finally having the strength. And with my eyes I show them I am not afraid! I stare back at each and every one of them!

I think this would be better, and perhaps more powerful and meaningful, if it said "I show them that I...I am not afraid. I stare back at each and every last one of them." And also, I'd put a comma between crowd and finally.

They too, like me, cower in fear at times but in the end they conquer it just like I have.

I would write that as:

"They too, like me, cower in fear at times. But in the end, they conquer it. Just like I have."

Just suggestions, you can take ithem or leave them as you like.

Spastic waffles
Captain

Oukow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:49 pm
Thank you Waffley spatic! hm...I think I'm gonna call you that everyonce in a while....o-o

*goes to improve*  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff