Reply Ear Piercings
[Yet another] question about stretching

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vicious Hyperbolizer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:38 pm
I have my ears gauged to a 10 right now (still small), and when I tried today gauging to a higher size, I couldn't get the plugs in. I used a taper, like I was supposed to, but after I took the taper out, the plug wouldn't go through the back of the hole.

This is the plug I have, and I think it might have something to do with the shape of the plug, though I'm not quite sure..

Any advice as to what I should do?
Oh yes, I have a taper to go to 6 gauge, too. Would it be too traumatic for my ears to skip over 8g?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:45 pm
"Gauging" isn't a term for it actually. "Stretching" is the proper word to use.

Anyway... sweatdrop

What size are the tunnels? 6g?
The shape of these is better for getting in than double flared, so you have the right choice.
So the taper can be pulled all the way through, I'll assume. Try using lots of lube to get the plug in. The back of the ear sometimes isn't stretched as much as the front when you pull it through.
I find that lube works the best. If it's a super tight fit, you can "knead" the back of your ear over the edge of the tunnel and squish it over. It hurts though.
If you have a 6g taper, I'd use that first before going to an 8. Some people have no problems with that though.  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

curseyes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:05 am
dagon's spot on, but you also have to know that stretching your ears shouldn't hurt you-
if your ears don't want bigger jewelry don't force it on them, give them time and make sure to massage them as it loosens the tissue.

lube is always a good idea when you're stretching.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:05 pm
If you're already having problems with the stretching, by all means do NOT try and skip a size! Also, you shouldn't be just shoving the taper through, putting it down and shoving the jewelry through. Lube up the taper and jewelry as well as you can (having gloves help with the slipperiness) and try to follow through with the jewelry held right up against the taper. It sometimes takes a couple tries.

Make sure the tunnel is the same diameter as your taper, or the tiniest bit smaller. Sometimes ordering cheaper stuff from BAF etc means the gauges aren't exactly accurate.

Er, and of course I'm assuming you took the o-rings off before trying to put them in. (Yes, people actually do that)

astrosnik

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff