Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Truth? (A work in progress.)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[.Disposable Dweeb.]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:59 am
This is a monologue opening to a story that I am currently still working on. I'd like to see what people think of the introduction before anything else.

Hello, my name is of no concern to you, but you may care to hear the story that goes along with my name. At the risk of sounding arrogant, you may even have the luxury of seeing through my eyes, seeing what no one else could see. Imagine, if your mind has the ability to grasp such a concept, the boundaries of reality no longer exist; they are no longer there to keep you grounded, both literally and symbolically. The easiest way to put it, Reality no longer exists, it never did. I know I may be reminding you of many possible movies, there are some I can think of, but this is unlike any of those movies. The ones granted sight and power are usually the heroes, but what you must realize, is that this is not a story of hope, nor one of joy. I am no hero; I cannot even say that I am an entirely good person, or bad person for that matter. I’m the one who travels that thin line, fully aware that I’m not doing good for the world, fully aware that I am no threat to the world. Fully aware that I am nothing, perhaps I never existed, perhaps I am just one of those fairy tales, my entire story, nothing but that, a story. Whether I’m real or not is not a concern either, the only reason I’m here is to test your mind, and boundaries, what is real and what is fake, possible and impossible, good and evil, none of it exists anymore… None of this will matter soon, for you will see what I am talking about, but before you begin to lose your grip on what you've come to know as the truth, I must warn you, there is no coming back, there is no reality, and, most importantly, there is no me, no guide, perhaps fate will be your guide… Perhaps I’ll be your fate… We cannot waste our time with maybes and perhaps’. Come with me, take my hand; you’ll soon see what a world without borders means. Welcome to my life, welcome to your hell, welcome to the truth.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:12 am
It's pretty good. A little fast paced for my liking but that's probably just how I'm reading it. Also. and I know it would be hard to avoid considering the nature of the monolouge, but the word reality seems just a little overused towards the end. I had the same problem when trying to write this thing about alternate realities once... The english language just doesn't have that many words for the concept or something.  

lidless_i

NovaKing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:39 am
[.Disposable Dweeb.]
This is a monologue opening to a story that I am currently still working on. I'd like to see what people think of the introduction before anything else.

Hello, my name is of no concern to you, but you may care to hear the story that goes along with my name. At the risk of sounding arrogant, you may even have the luxury of seeing through my eyes, seeing what no one else could see. Imagine, if your mind has the ability to grasp such a concept, the boundaries of reality no longer exist; they are no longer there to keep you grounded, both literally and symbolically. The easiest way to put it, Reality no longer exists, it never did. I know I may be reminding you of many possible movies, there are some I can think of, but this is unlike any of those movies. The ones granted sight and power are usually the heroes, but what you must realize, is that this is not a story of hope, nor one of joy. I am no hero; I cannot even say that I am an entirely good person, or bad person for that matter. I’m the one who travels that thin line, fully aware that I’m not doing good for the world, fully aware that I am no threat to the world. Fully aware that I am nothing, perhaps I never existed, perhaps I am just one of those fairy tales, my entire story, nothing but that, a story. Whether I’m real or not is not a concern either, the only reason I’m here is to test your mind, and boundaries, what is real and what is fake, possible and impossible, good and evil, none of it exists anymore… None of this will matter soon, for you will see what I am talking about, but before you begin to lose your grip on reality, I must warn you, there is no coming back, there is no reality, and, most importantly, there is no me, no guide, perhaps fate will be your guide… Perhaps I’ll be your fate… We cannot waste our time with maybes and perhaps’. Come with me, take my hand; you’ll soon see what a world without borders means. Welcome to my life, welcome to your hell, welcome to the truth.

Then entire thing reminds me of strict what if philosophy. More though of the insane ruler of the universe in Douglas Adams' second book of the hichhiker's guide to the galaxy series.

Hehe he kept on going through these odd periods of reason such as wondering if the people who went there to ask him questions weren't really just singing to his cat, Then the whole perhaps its not real gag. It was all quite funny. His pressence ended with his talking to a table for a week just to see how it would react.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:57 pm
I believe your using the technique of Breaking the Four Wall, is and in usual way of writing a story but I believe you are very talented. And it can perfectly work out, if I may can I request your help in my own writing?  

Renton Noah

[.Disposable Dweeb.]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:01 pm
Fusi-No-Hasi
I believe your using the technique of Breaking the Four Wall, is and in usual way of writing a story but I believe you are very talented. And it can perfectly work out, if I may can I request your help in my own writing?
Of course, I'd be delighted to help.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:06 pm
[.Disposable Dweeb.]
Fusi-No-Hasi
Thank you very much, I was worry that you were going to get angry thinking that I only commented to get your attention. When I actually really like your work, but it really reminded me of a comic book story no offence, because I like comics.

And my work is back there in the forums, you can easily see it.  

Renton Noah

[.Disposable Dweeb.]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:23 pm
Fusi-No-Hasi
[.Disposable Dweeb.]
Fusi-No-Hasi
Thank you very much, I was worry that you were going to get angry thinking that I only commented to get your attention. When I actually really like your work, but it really reminded me of a comic book story no offence, because I like comics.

I'm supposing that it is the Death scene?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:55 pm
[.Disposable Dweeb.]
Fusi-No-Hasi
[.Disposable Dweeb.]
Fusi-No-Hasi

I'm supposing that it is the Death scene?
In deed that is  

Renton Noah

Oukow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:01 pm
.... You're writting usually says something that I've been thinking of.

In this case, lately I've been thinking about good and bad. It doesn't exsists, it's just something humans have made because somebody didn't enjoy it. If all of a sudden we had no goverment, house, buildings, economy, math- if it was just like a life of surviving, good and bad wouldn't matter beacuse nothing would be bad in order to survive, so that'd take out the good wouldn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:08 pm
Oukow
.... You're writting usually says something that I've been thinking of.

In this case, lately I've been thinking about good and bad. It doesn't exsists, it's just something humans have made because somebody didn't enjoy it. If all of a sudden we had no goverment, house, buildings, economy, math- if it was just like a life of surviving, good and bad wouldn't matter beacuse nothing would be bad in order to survive, so that'd take out the good wouldn't it?

If these are the thoughts that you have then philosophy is for you my friend. The concept of ethics and morals are really very relative to society.

When we look at right and wrong, it is never set in stone, and even our legal system is true to that.

People need to have a knowledge that they are doing wrong to be charged with a crime.  

[.Disposable Dweeb.]

Oukow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:01 pm
I so wish they taught philosophy at my school... <=o =D
May I hug you?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:19 pm
This is a very unique short I really enjoyed. It is again another interpretation of truth that is very welcome in fully understanding the big "Why" questions. /applause  

Galladonsfire

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff