Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
"I reject your reality and substitue my own."

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:20 pm
Author's note: This is my 490-500 word autobiography for english class. It's exactly 497 words long.

If someone asked me to describe myself, I would tell them "I write." Some would call it an obsession. Well, I agree. So, what better way is there to tell my life story than through my obsession?
She is now 16. Her life so far has been fairly easy. Sure, she's gone to 5 different schools. Yes, she's had 5 best friends who moved away and one who might as well have. Even so, life hasn't been too hard. She has good parents, an annoying little sister, and a nice house. While she doesn't always get along with her family, it all works out in the end. She is a short, brown-haired, true Hufflepuff with a scarf to prove it. And she'll argue forever that Hufflepuffs are not the leftovers, but loyal, fair, and kind.
Now, she sits in her favorite chair, lost in a world of Hippogriffs, half-giants, and a 16-year-old boy with a lightning-shaped scar. Her school books lay abandoned, left as always until the last minute.
Finally, she sets the Harry Potter book down with a sigh and glares at her history book before picking it up and beginning to study. "I hate history." She mutters as she flips through the pages.
The next morning, she rolls over in her bed as Fall Out Boy blares from her radio. "Whose bright idea was it to make me wake up at 5:18, again? Remind me to kill them." She says to the black cat now stirring at her feet.
The only thing that gets her through school (Spanish, History, Trig, and then, thankfully, a free period) is the thought of the soccer game after school. She changes into her number 3 jersey (her favorite number), ready for the game.
"Jessica! Go in for Lucy." Coach cries, and Jessica jumps up, full of adrenaline and ready to go. Five minutes after she goes in, she steals the ball from a forward and makes a beautiful clear. Life couldn't be better.
After the game, she comes home and picks up her favorite food, chips and salsa, and pigs out. Soccer will make anyone hungry. She then goes to the computer to spend a few hours doing nothing before she starts her homework.
Her good mood slowly begins to fade as she realizes she has work the next day, at her exciting job at an ice cream shop, Marble Slab Creamery, at the mall. Oh well, at least she's working with Mariah, which is always fun. And, tommorow's Friday.
An IM pops up, from a friend she hasn't talked to since summer.
Molls87: Hey! It's Molly from camp. How are you?
Camp is her favorite place to be, during her favorite season of the year, where it's warm and the rest of the world is kept out by a simple wooden fence. Where she can be crazy and talkative and nobody cares. Of course, she's usually like that anyway. She types her response.
Spastic waffles: Life is good.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:31 pm
hmm my sister's name is molly and she went to summer camp....anyways...

The only two cents i can put in about this is that its interesting that you wouldnt like history when history itself is just one giant story ( one with several climaxes at that.)

ermm theres not much i can say after that. Cooking something would have been pretty fun as a side note ( Though i havent goten the chance to yet, ive always wanted to cook this completely unbelievable story for a reflection then go off to say in the end that it could have all just been a dream.) But really the passage did what it had to and i suppose thats all that matters.  

NovaKing

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff