Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Polls Project
This is how weird I am.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heart Day?
  Sorry, but I'm too busy surgically removing my knee cap with a spork on no anesthetics.
  Also, the doctor is a blind, drunk, hobo.
  With dirty hands...
View Results

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:26 pm
Put me to sleep, evil angel...

A guy asked me today if he could spend Valentine's Day with me. I told him off.

No, no, there's more to this story.

Remember that guy I met in October?

The cousin of a friend. We've been talking for a little while. Well we decided against a relatioship recently, like finally actually talked it out. Neither of us want to get into a long distance thing. So he made a rule--not me, him--and he says that I'm allowed to date other people, but he isn't. I said he could, he says he won't. (That way, if I date someone else, I look like a b***h. Oh well.) He claims that even though we're not together, he's still taken by me. *gag* I told him he's crazy.

Anyway, as far as I knew, we were officially on the friend road, at least until we're more geographically convienient for each other. Then today, he calls (for the first time in over a week), and asks about Valentine's Day. I was like, no. Not gonna play that game. He didn't understand why it bothered me, we like each other (love in his case...), so what's wrong with spending it together.

One: I hate V-day. Just on principle. Didn't spend it with the guy I was dating last year, and we were actually dating. Don't like it even when in an actual relationship.

Two: I compared it to dangling a carrot from a stick in front of a horse to make him walk. He sees it, and moves toward it, wants it, but can't have it. That's what he'd be doing to me with a relationship. "I wanna spend Romance Day with you, but I'm not gonna try to actually be with you."

He's the one that straight up said no to the relationship. I was willing to give the distance thing a try. I haven't mentioned any form of dating since, but he pulls crap like this all the time. I'm over it. He made a decision, and I would appreciate it if he stuck by it and didn't tease me like that.

*sigh* I didn't mean to type that much. My appologies, but you know how I get when I start venting. sweatdrop

Anyway, the moral of the story is: I told a guy off for wanting to spend Heart Day with me. I'm only a little weird sometimes, I swear.

...Open your wings, evil angel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:16 pm
Black gives you his sympathy for your situation.  

black_knightj

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:52 pm
black_knightj
Black gives you his sympathy for your situation.

Aww. *hugs*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:22 pm
wierd.....sorry about it all...  

xxAngelofmurderxx

DarquePinkPaper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:07 pm
xxAngelofmurderxx
wierd.....sorry about it all...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:24 pm

K...

The overall effect was supposed to be humorous. Why all the sympathy?

It's cool, really.

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

YuMi MoOn GoDdEsS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:05 pm
Tre weird  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:40 pm
Light of Nuitari

K...

The overall effect was supposed to be humorous. Why all the sympathy?

It's cool, really.

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbecued iguana

Really?
It really doesn't seem like, funny at all. sweatdrop

I'd take requests on the telephone
I'm on a wavelength far from home
({ User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. })i({

DarquePinkPaper
Vice Captain

boconnotto

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:05 am
So Light, baby... Would you like to spend Valentine's Day with .. me? .:wiggles eyebrows:.
It sounds to me like he really wants you to beg him to stop the silly "I can't be with you!" stuff. Probably, he's melodramatic? Really loves video games and movies where the star-crossed lovers get to be together? OH!

Does he like the new Star Wars ... or the old one?

But yeah, Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. It's "commercialized", sure, but less so than some other holidays. I don't feel guilted into buying anything for anyone. Also, it's another excuse to do nice things for my boyfriend [as if I don't spoil him enough!] and remind him that I'm going to cling to his side like a limpet until he gets the crowbar!

One year, he sent me tulips on Valentine's Day. I was shocked, amazed ... and giddy. He explained later that he'd wanted to send roses but hadn't been able to afford them. I told him to shut his mouth-- I prefer tulips over cliche little roses. He sent roses a month later, "just because", with a stuffed rabbit clinging to the vase...

.. yeah. I'm a sappy romantic. And I read cheesy Regency Love Novels. Forgive me! .. I'll now stop gushing about how stupid I am [maybe you'll feel less weird?].

The Polls Project

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games