Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
Paranoia?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Edible Lingerie!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:09 pm
Alright, so I got my bottom lip pierced on Saturday (about four days ago) and, a weird white thing appear on the inside side of the piercing. I don't know if I am explaining myself well enough, but I have gotten a lip piercing before (I have a monroe) and this didn't happen to it (though I think I remember something similar happening to my nose, though I am not sure) and so... since I haven't experienced this before, I am a little paranoid about it 'cause I don't know if it's normal, or if it's not normal, yet I shouldn't worry about it, or if I should go see my piercer and see what's up... or... whatever. @@

Here is a picture. It is not too pretty, so don't click if you are propense to randomly feeling disgust for stuff like this.

Click under your own risk, man, haha.

I am cleaning the piercing twice a day, I always make sure I have my hands clean and I bought an alcohol free mouth wash. I move around a couple time and then just leave it alone, for the most part, 'til it's time to clean it again.

So, any advice on taking care of it? Should I visit my piercer or am I making a big deal out of nothing? DD:

On the side, last time I picked on it, it bled a little and it's a bit hard. My gf told me it might be scar tissue forming, perhaps? @@ Or... an infectious bubble? ::Flails::

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:25 am
That image reminds me of how the inner side of my mouth looks after I end up biting it (nervous habit). In my case, it's tissue that's somewhat upset at me and is regrowing. I am thinking that the skin may be growing up around the fistula's exposed side. If it is only bleeding when you pick at it, the only thing I can think of is continue your good cleaning regiment and wait a week, watching to see if the skin "diminishes" or gets larger while trying not to pick off the skin. Take a deep breath and calm down though; it doesn't look like an infectious bubble to me... in my mind, if it were infectious and you pick at it, there'd be a mixture of puss and blood.

Definitely hoping you get a more solid response, in the mean time *pats* don't panic. ^^"  

Aetherna

Edible Lingerie!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:54 am
Thx, Aetherna, darling. I appreciate your help. I was all freaking out about it, but everybody's told me that it might aswell just be scar tissue. I am telling you, I am lyke... the ultima paranoid bish. DD: <3  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:54 am
No worries, Edible! It's better to be concerned about your body then not care and go off on a safety pin piercing extravaganza! xd

I'm hoping someone else will answer though, because the closest that I can relate is from biting my mouth. Actual input from someone who has experienced the same thing OR a piercer would be a heck of a lot better.  

Aetherna

Edible Lingerie!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:03 am
3nodding
I am going out today and I am stopping by the shop and asking him anyways just so I am sure of what it is. Thx again, bish. heart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:18 am
No problem, have a good day ~  

Aetherna

popcornsharingbox

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:23 am
I had the same things with mine. Dun worry. It'll go away. No need to pick at it and such.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:10 pm
That happens to everyone's lip/labret piercings. =3 It's normal and will go away like Eurydice said.  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

astrosnik

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:33 pm
Yup, just keep with your cleaning regiment and don't overclean, it should go away within a couple weeks or so.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:58 pm
Thx guys. heart I am not as paranoid and as freaked out as I was before, haha.

I stopped picking on it after the first time I did and it bled. I was just worried 'cause when I got my monroe, it didn't really happen, or at least not that I saw. I was really freaking out about thinking I was going to get an infection, and I am only cleaning it twice a day, with water and soap on the outside and alcohol free mouth wash inside and I move it around and stuff.

Is there anything else you recommend I do besides that?

Edible Lingerie!

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:03 pm
If you want you could do non-iodized salt water / saline soaks.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:48 pm
`dagon
If you want you could do non-iodized salt water / saline soaks.

Thx. My lip issue turned out to be just scar tissue building up, but I am doing warm, sea salt soaks for my helix and nose I had gotten a blood bump under it) piercings, and they have gotten much better. :]  

Edible Lingerie!

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:57 pm
i had that and also freaked out and posted a pic in the guild lol. what would we do without these guys here to calm us down lol  
Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games