Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
dunt u wish u spoke viet? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tokioka

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:35 am
Riyoku Sakimori
I didn't know there was such thing as vietnam till last year sweatdrop I've been living in a box for the past few years.

That's a good thing... surprised  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:39 am
Riyoku Sakimori
I didn't know there was such thing as vietnam till last year sweatdrop I've been living in a box for the past few years.

eek *Is in disbelief*

Wiim~The Vietnamese langauge is in roman letters, it used to be in charectors but when the French colonized Vietnam they changed the system. stare

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

mini_angel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:06 pm
i speak viet and i know a lil cantonese and my mom is fluent in both language.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:06 pm
mini_angel
i speak viet and i know a lil cantonese and my mom is fluent in both language.

same wit mines but iono y i learned cantonese instead of viet  

b4byy_5oul

Xiao_Hoa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:43 pm
I'm vietnamese but I know more chinese than vietnamese  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:18 am
Darkaznstargoddess
Riyoku Sakimori

eek *Is in disbelief*

Wiim~The Vietnamese langauge is in roman letters, it used to be in charectors but when the French colonized Vietnam they changed the system. stare
eek .... Colonizing countries just tick me off (then again, China did do something like that sometime in history). They change things, because they are scared of it.... Look what they've made vietnam become! Ok, I'm probably going a bit overboard here.
Oh, and about the question, no I couldn't care less about vietnamese. Chinese and Mandarin are good enough for me.

Yozoh

Minielf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:27 am
I don't really care if I don't know Viet. I won't ever go to that country anyway. However, I do sort of wish I knew how to speak cantonese.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:20 am
wiim
sinfulanjel
there isn't exactly an alphabet in viet

i'm viet and i can understand chinese, but i can't read, write or speak it whee

Y'know, I never thought to wonder what the Vietnamese language looks like. neutral

the vietnamese is just like english, well more like french. they have i think 5 different accents, 3 o's, 3a's, no f(f is replace by "ph"), no j(j is replace by "gi")., 2 u's, and they put alot of the letters together to make new sounds. like "anh" means old brother. correct me if i'm wrong, i'm not that sure of everything i said, but i'm positive that i got most of them.  

mini_angel

xiiao-ai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:01 pm
mini_angel
wiim
sinfulanjel
there isn't exactly an alphabet in viet

i'm viet and i can understand chinese, but i can't read, write or speak it whee

Y'know, I never thought to wonder what the Vietnamese language looks like. neutral

the vietnamese is just like english, well more like french. they have i think 5 different accents, 3 o's, 3a's, no f(f is replace by "ph"), no j(j is replace by "gi")., 2 u's, and they put alot of the letters together to make new sounds. like "anh" means old brother. correct me if i'm wrong, i'm not that sure of everything i said, but i'm positive that i got most of them.

you're quite correct

but vietnamese is all about pronounciation

if you say something wrong, it means a totally different thing, and most people (who understand vietnamese) would either stare at you or laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:27 am
i don't really care to speak the language because i don't think i'll go to vietnam.  

Ikari Nadoka

ZeniffTheGreat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:44 am
I wanted to learn Vietnamese just because it sounds so cool and all but one of my Asian friends in high school were Vietnamese.
So, what am I doing now? I'm taking Vietnamese in school and it's soooooo hard~!!! crying  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff