Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Anime Art Academy
Which one is good for backgrounds? Photoshop or Painter?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which program is better for coloring in backgrounds?
  Photoshop
  Painter
View Results

Brittany Drew -a picture

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:41 pm
Here is something I have been curious about for awhile.

What is everyones opinion on which is the best program for coloring the backgrounds? I heard painter's great for it, while photoshop seems to be good since that's what I work with.

Tell me what do you think?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:31 pm
I prefer painter because it allows me to make softer effects which complement tablet sensitivity pretty well. Painter even has a perspective grid if you want, but it's laggy on my ancient computer. As for photoshop, I use that more for gradients and solid or soft cell-type shading. (I really suck at backgrounds though.) sweatdrop Then again, I only have photoshop elements which came with my wacom tablet.  

GB_Lady

nite elf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:12 pm
photoshop is perfect as long as you know how to use it  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:59 pm
I guess it really depends on how proficient you are with either program. They'll both get the job done.

Painter allows more tools with natural textures and 'feels' to them, imho. So, if you really want a watercolor feel to it, you can get it in Painter without searching the 'net for the right brush/brush settings. You *can* get a watercolor effect in Photoshop, but, it takes more work and you have to either create or find the right brushes.  

Omittchiwai

Business Borg

11,075 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

indigo_chk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:12 am
elfofsyafaerie
Here is something I have been curious about for awhile.

What is everyones opinion on which is the best program for coloring the backgrounds? I heard painter's great for it, while photoshop seems to be good since that's what I work with.

Tell me what do you think?
well it depends on what type of background you want. if you want a more graphic background, that has fonts and effects, then photoshop is a must, but if your looking to make a scenic background then I would recomend corel Painter, but you can make scenic backgrounds just as well as Photoshop if you know how to use the program.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:32 am
i would like to know where i can get layouts for gaia???  

DoDo_Wings04

DoDo_Wings04

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:33 am
nite elf
photoshop is perfect as long as you know how to use it
its just easier to use!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:29 pm
DoDo_Wings04
i would like to know where i can get layouts for gaia???
tektek.org  

nite elf

mugennokagami

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:19 pm
I can't used Photoshop to do backgrounds to save my life, but I guess it's good for backgrounds if you like doing clear, realistic bgs while Painter has more of a softer feel.  
The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games