Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
I Don't Need Wings: A Door

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:04 pm
Episode 2. For those that don't know, streamboards are basically hoverboards that can fly high in the air. And Rebirth is a futuristic city on the planet Seed... and stuff... just read the episode.

Rena surveys her surroundings. She breathes in the busy city air. Ahhh... she's really on her own. No parents, no teachers, no authority whatsoever.

Rena takes her streamboard off her back, props it open and hops on. She uses it to get 20 feet worth of height and join the general flow of hovercraft traffic. She had been using these boards for awhile and knew how to keep a decent balance.

"Ha, this is gonna be awesome! I can go anywhere I want, eat anything I want, do anything I want-"

Then it hit her. She has about 500 credits on her card. 500 measly credits. Ya, that'll get her about a weeks worth of meals, if anything.

She takes a left on the next intersection, directing her into the center of Rebirth. s**t, she was going to have to get a job. But what kind of place would hire a teenage blonde girl who dropped out of one of the highest-rated academys in the nation? Who would BELIEVE she dropped out of such a school?

Rena gains a little more height on her board and gets out of the general flow of traffic. She's looking around for something. ANYTHING. Come on... someone had to have a "Now Hiring" sign on their door...

She sees it. It is absolutely PERFECT. A store called Rebirth's Book Emporium flashed a "Now Hiring Teenage Blonde DropOuts" sign in the window. It was two stories, had beutiful staind glass pictures on the front, and had rows and rows of books, from what she could see. I mean, it was as if someone was-

Wait a damn second. How the hell is this happening? Who could have put up a sign that so specifically plucks her out of a crowd of other people dying to get this job? People who'd be much more experienced in such a field? (I just found out Library Science is actual field of study.)

Rena rides up to the landing deck in front of the mysterious shop and hops off her board. Someone knows about her: this ain't no coincidence. But still... she somehow finds it to be a little amusing.

She runs up to the front door and walks inside. After Rena stepped through that automatic sliding door, her real adventure began.

My editing kinda sucks today...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:52 pm
Only thing I saw deffinitley was in the 7th Paragraph.

"Beautiful"

looking forward to more hawk.
And I do hope that this does not mean the end for wingless.

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:21 am
And right beside that, "Stained"

Nice.

Why in present tense third person? Odd combo. Even though I write notes like that....good story. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:33 pm
xd "Now Hiring Teenage Blonde DropOuts"

Now that's funny. mrgreen  

Aevy

iKins

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:43 pm
Ruler of all Cheese
xd "Now Hiring Teenage Blonde DropOuts"

Now that's funny. mrgreen

User Image

Agreed. I really like it, the futuristic aspect of it makes it really cool.

User Image

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff