Reply Ear Piercings
Do industrials hurt THAT much?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CandyCaneRazorBlade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:42 am
In around three days I'm going to get an industrial piercing.

I don't have a low tolerance for pain, but people who have gotten all sorts of painful sounding piercings say that industrials are the worst..

Are they that bad?

EDIT: and oh yeah, is it better to have it pierced with 2 barbells/circular barbells and then putting the longer bar in after it's healed? Or does it really not matter?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:07 pm
I got my industrial about a week ago, and I barely felt the needle go through my skin; it was equivalent to getting a shot at the doctor's office for me, but then again, I also do have double pierced nipples.

I'm wearing a single barbell in mine, but I don't think it really matters what you wear because you can always work something out, though if you really are worried about migration go ahead and get it done with a barbell just in case.

I hope that helps! And good luck on the new holes!  

vafalla

Original Vampire

CandyCaneRazorBlade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:00 am
vafalla
I got my industrial about a week ago, and I barely felt the needle go through my skin; it was equivalent to getting a shot at the doctor's office for me, but then again, I also do have double pierced nipples.

I'm wearing a single barbell in mine, but I don't think it really matters what you wear because you can always work something out, though if you really are worried about migration go ahead and get it done with a barbell just in case.

I hope that helps! And good luck on the new holes!

Thanks very much :3
I'll try and post some pictures when I get it done tomorrow biggrin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:16 am
I recommend getting it done with the barbell. Getting two hoops can lead to improper healing or the piercer could possibly pierce them to where getting the barbell in the future would not line up or fit in a comfortable way.

apanda999

CandyCaneRazorBlade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:29 am
jadedxkitty999
I recommend getting it done with the barbell. Getting two hoops can lead to improper healing or the piercer could possibly pierce them to where getting the barbell in the future would not line up or fit in a comfortable way.

Thanks =3 Cool. I like barbells better

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:50 pm
I'm glad I could be of assistance. I can't wait to see pics!  

vafalla

Original Vampire

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:15 pm
out of anything i've had done it was definitely the winner for most pain >.< but soooo worth it i love mine to death.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:31 pm
I've heard that getting it done with 2 small barbells is best because the infection can spread to the other hole with the large industrial barbell. Also, from experience with my boyfriend having his industrial pierced, it gets caught on a lot of things. Once you're all healed up, I'd obviously go for the industrial barbell.  

popcornsharingbox

Edible Lingerie!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:44 pm
When it comes to experiences with an industrial piercing, I am of almost no help there, but... having your helix pierced isn't too bad. Personal experience was of relatively no pain. That's as much as I can say. xP  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:37 pm
I got my industrial done 3 months ago, and its healing well.

When I had it done, I bled a lot. It hurt for about a day after and I couldn't sleep on that side of my head for 2 weeks D:

The guy who did it was apparently going blind!

Purge In My Breakfast

curseyes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:40 am
i hate getting cartilage pierced
i'm a wuss when it comes to year-long healing  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:42 pm
X-Rays
i hate getting cartilage pierced
i'm a wuss when it comes to year-long healing

Which is why I stray away from it.  

popcornsharingbox

Ear Piercings