Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
I needed to flee to a place of reason...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:29 pm
The article is interesting. It's the comments that scare the crap out of me. After reading, I needed to flee to a place of reason to share the scariness with others. gonk

Comment on the comments. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:56 pm
Yeah, christians are always looking out for that 666 mark that is spoken of in revelations 13:17&18 "17:And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18:Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

So everytime something comes out that regulates trade, they start screaming waving the their pamplets around. They said the same thing about paper money, credit cards, and the internet.

On a personal note, I don't like it. I do wrong. That'll make it harder.
twisted  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Killian Darkwater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:46 pm
I'm just glad to see that a few people still have their sanity in tact in those comments.

=/ But I won't lie, with any good that comes from this chip will probably be weighed equally with its flaws. I'm lazy right now, and don't feel like going into the examples, but I'm sure you can think of a few.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:11 pm
Dathu
Yeah, christians are always looking out for that 666 mark that is spoken of in revelations 13:17&18 "17:And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18:Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

So everytime something comes out that regulates trade, they start screaming waving the their pamplets around. They said the same thing about paper money, credit cards, and the internet.

On a personal note, I don't like it. I do wrong. That'll make it harder.
twisted

Yeah, there are always ones looking for the Mark.

But it surprised me how many of them came out of their hole today.  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:34 pm
The point isn't that the commenter is a Christian. It's that he's a government-paranoid nut.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:09 am
Hmmm...I fail to see what the ruckus is about.

If stuff like that was marketed, than it would be regulated. I don't think would be able to be used without the consumer knowing that they have been installed into something.

Also...it isn't as though they can put it in your food, because....well, you'd end up with a destroyed microchip.

I think one of them posted the 666 thing just for fun. The other one...what is he/she smoking?

Sanguvixen

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:39 pm
Talking about comments...it is always amusing to read comments people write up to articles.

I was looking into Pat Robertson today to see if he was up to anything new and came across this article:
http://mediamatters.org/items/200601050004

The article touches base on some interesting things, but if you want humor go check out the comments people wrote. It's at the bottom, and if you click it it the comments show up.

I'm loving these three entries right here:

"The Bible:New Wingnut Version (NWV)

I hate to challenge your naive interpretation of the Bible, but you are simply wrong. I can prove it:

Matthew 5:9

Blessed are the warmongers: for they shall be called the candidates of GOP --I mean God."

"From the same source...

"And again I say unto you, it is easier for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God than it is for a camel to." (Mat. 19:24)."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:33 pm
Thats just... sad really. Really, really sad.  

PickleBoy

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:45 am
I'm a bit scared now. sweatdrop  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out