Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Things you said/thought before you became an Atheist. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arios V

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Sho-NUFF!
Arios V
I'm can't exactly remember exactly what I thought or what I said before I became an atheist. All I remember is telling myself at one point that the world is going to be against you, you're going to be the black sheep of the world.
Well, Im just 'Black'....lol I basically said the same thing....

Yeah, there really wasn't that much to say about my choice. Although, I wish my parents and some of my friends would be more supportive (Considering that most of them are Agnostics)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:04 pm
I fear the worst....possibly not being able to come back to the house again without dirty looks and remarks.....since they are ALL devout God-fearing Christians.  

Sho-NUFF!

Beloved Humorist

Arios V

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:44 pm
Sho-NUFF!
I fear the worst....possibly not being able to come back to the house again without dirty looks and remarks.....since they are ALL devout God-fearing Christians.

I get enough of those at school and every weekend when that damn Jehovah's Witness comes to my house trying to convert me to his religion. My Dad even put up a sign telling all religious people to go away, but they don't listen. One of these days, I'm gonna hook a livewire up to the door, maybe that'll teach him to come to my house  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:09 pm
Now thats funny!  

Sho-NUFF!

Beloved Humorist

Ruminating Skeptic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:53 pm
Arios V
Sho-NUFF!

I get enough of those at school and every weekend when that damn Jehovah's Witness comes to my house trying to convert me to his religion. My Dad even put up a sign telling all religious people to go away, but they don't listen. One of these days, I'm gonna hook a livewire up to the door, maybe that'll teach him to come to my house

What's a livewire?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:43 pm
Good Charlotte Aficionado
Arios V
Sho-NUFF!

What's a livewire?

A livewire is any wire that carries an electrical current. However in this case it means rigging some wire to a battery (I like using a string of 9 volts. It hurts, but not enough to seriously hurt the person) of some sort and hooking it up so that when someone touches the wire or an object the wire is hooked up to (Usually they don't know it's there) they get shocked.  

Arios V

Arios V

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:44 pm
Sho-NUFF!
Now thats funny!

Oh yeah, it will be funny  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:37 pm
As I was still making up my mind on my beliefs a few years ago (when I had to attend CCD and all that crap that I had to do, but had a budding interest in biology and science) To not be hypocritical, I would believe that:
"If God didn't want us to do something, then he wouldn't have made it possible."

For example, if God didn't want us to study stem cells, then he would have made it impossible. Also, that is why, say, manipulating time is impossible etc.

JadeDragonSoul

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces