Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Life and ants. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:33 pm
Hnh?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:49 pm
NovaKing
KirbyVictorious
"Get back here," Kirby commanded calmly, taking the parchment on the table and unrolling it for her to read. Nova-elous ( xd ) silently obeyed, standing at her left side as she leaned back and glanced over the letter.

"Well, well, well," she muttered. "The King decided to send the bright, devastatingly handsome, and slightly dazed pigeon this time. I hope it's good, I can't afford t--"

She froze, her eyebrows meeting in a thin line as something on the parchment caught her eye. As she scanned the letter, her expression grew steadily darker and darker, until at one line, her eyes widened in shock. She jumped up, ripping the letter into halves, quarters, eighths, sixteenths, and burning the shreds with magic.

"Come on," she snapped to Nova-elous, beckoning him to follow. "We're leaving."

"I beg your pardon, Your Grace?" he replied cautiously, quite confused as to the whereabouts and means of leaving. She turned to face him, impatience making her fingers twitch restlessly, her eyes burn with determination.

"Move your tail, little pigeon. you're taking me to Endlington."

"Now?"

"Yes, now."

Nova-elous stared at her. She could not possibly be serious. The Queen looked the last person to be traveling anywhere but to her throne room. Tall and lithe, her every move spoke of royalty, and her sleeveless scarlet dress, that was gold-trimmed and left her slim waist bare, the bottom swishing around her ankles, was fine imported cloth, inlaid with jewels from the dwarven mines in the south. It was accompanied by a gold-embroidered red sash draped across one shoulder, high-heeled black boots that clicked on the stone floor, a bloody dragon tooth on a gold chain, and a dragon-scale comb in her long dark hair. Even her features set her apart in a crowd; the thin, arched eyebrows, red lips, and dark, intense eyes had been set in the face of royalty since the monarchy began. There was no way she could travel anywhere unnoticed like that.

"Um, Your Grace...?"

She grabbed her tough leather sheath with one hand, his wrist in the other, and steered him down the hall. "There's no time for that," she said quickly, shoving him to his left. "Tell the kitchen maids to ready you a pack. Make sure there's enough for both of us, for at least two weeks. And water too. Anything you find suitable. I'll get us some commoner's clothes. Meet me at the door."

He nodded, completely lost. "Your Grace...is something..."

She turned on her heel, staring him down with her powerful eyes. "This is urgent," she said, slowly and clearly. "Aidastosa is in grave danger. If we don't hurry, there may well be a new Darkest Day on the horizon."

-gasp- shes a witch she heard me narating even though shes not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! burn her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Nova-elous, brave, and dashing and cordial as he was, didnt quite feel like going on a life threatoning quest, all he wanted was a good hearty meal, some wine, and perhaps some compensation for his long journey. After all, They had brave nights who sat at oddly shaped tables for that sort of stuff. Nova-elous told her this, in fact. But she only yanked venomously at his wrist and told him that either he went, or just his arm did. Luckily the castle of everything ( which, again, means cold and uniteresting- or so the penguins who live there insist) was quite large and even her highness was liable to get lost once and a while; and it just so happened that they did get lost, so Nova-elous could mull over his options a little more.

They were standing in the middle of a snow covered opening, surounded by statues of galiant knights and penguins. Queen kirby leaned against one of the more galaint penguins with her head staring pensivly down at the floor. Finnaly Nova thought of something.

"My lady?" The queen jumped and glared at him as if he was some unwelcome insect buzzing near her ear. Nova-elous ignored her though.
"Won't we need horses for our trip? I mean the sort of horses that can treck through a snow storm?"

"Snow storm?" she replied to the floor whome she had obviously found much more interesting. Again, he ignored her gesture and went on.

"Yes, the one that followed in my wake. It is winter in esterland you know." (esterland happened to be the place that surounded everything. Oddly, in penguin, the name means "slightly more interesting then the place i suround."

"Oh," said Kirby carelessly, lifting her eyes to stare at the bleak landscape. "The curse you brought upon us, and you a guest, too..."

Nova-elous said nothing. There was still the matter of the twin swords in the Queen's hand. Now, the battered leather matched perfectly with her worn dress and plain brown belt, clothing similar to his own. They looked quite the commoners now, save for Kirby's dragon-tooth, which she refused to take off.

"So..." she eventually said, conversationally. "Horses. We don't need 'em."

"I'm sorry?"

"Yeah, don't be, it doesn't suck as bad as you think, you didn't come by horse so you don't have to return by it either. I live here. Snowstorms lose their fun after awhile."

"Fun?"

"Yes, fun! Stop repeating everything I say! Now, are you ready, little pigeon?"

"For what, your Majesty?"

She sighed at length, as if his confusion was completely ungrounded and very annoying. "Didn't I just tell you to take me to Endlington? Come on, once we leave Aidostosa I'll be totally lost, and in exchange I'll get you through the snowflakes, easy."

"Um...Snwostorm, Milady."

"Whatever, and don't correct Queens. C'mon."

"But..." Nova-elous followed her across the courtyard, fidgeting with his weapon. "But there's no exit here, we need to go around the front and--"

Kirby took the words right out of his mouth, sticking her slim fingers in a gap in the wall and in this fashion shimmying up it, some twelve feet straight up, and stood fearlessly on top of it. "Well, get over here!" she called. "C'mon, we don't wanna be seen!"

"Just call a little louder," he muttered, and started to climb.  

KirbyVictorious

Scathach789

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:57 am
Wow. After all the people from PETA and stuff like that trying to turn me veggie, nothing has ever made me reconsider my attitude as much as that story simply about ants. Well done. I should go bring some food to an ant hill now.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:53 pm
Scathach789
Wow. After all the people from PETA and stuff like that trying to turn me veggie, nothing has ever made me reconsider my attitude as much as that story simply about ants. Well done. I should go bring some food to an ant hill now.

hehe thanks.  

NovaKing

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:58 pm
I should be PETA's sexiest vegetarian of the year. ^^

Instead they got some slutty--

Oops. I'm s'posed to be nice. ninja  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash