Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
...And So They Interrogated A Gazelle...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Sexiest Se...KURU!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:22 am
One question, why? I know this is probably a dumb thread, but I seriously thought it was funny even though I never understood why the hell they would interrogate a gazelle... stare Yes I know they were imbeciles, but who would be that stupid? Anyways discuss anything out of any of the books that you thought were funny or you never understood, (I thought the S.E.P.'s were funny).  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:29 am
I never understood what a time machine and a condom did to Zaphod's family tree or whatever. The business with him being the "Nothingth" and his ancestors being numbered as if they're his descendants. How does that work?  

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:09 pm
The whole point is that they're stupid and don't work. If we knew how they worked it wouldn't be funny.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:25 pm
my favorite thing about the books is not actually in the story. its in the softbound collection of all the books into the one book...in the beginning its a note from Adams on how to escape the planet, very funny and interesting  

Cooldude2356

Jupiter-X

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:12 pm
remember: there are no stupid threads, only stupid people. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:59 pm
DeathBringer312
...(I thought the S.E.P.'s were funny).
Heh, I loved the S.E.P.'s, and the bit about the "suspicious looking extra moon." I now have a whole new respect for the weird things I always think I saw out of the corner of my eye. It just might be there! *Annoying and/or high-pitched giggle*  

Nephthys Assyria

The Sexiest Se...KURU!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:34 pm
Lupe_Oceana
The whole point is that they're stupid and don't work. If we knew how they worked it wouldn't be funny.
I never thought of that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:06 pm
An amusing observation of mine involved Marvin and the SCC. It just so happens that the SCC defines a robot as "Your plastic pal who's fun to be with," but Marvin is frequently described as being metal (heck, DNA even get specific and says steel sometimes). From what I know (based on pictures), Marvin is also metal in the TV show. The only time that he even looks kind of plastic-ish is in the movie.

More proof that the marketing division of the SCC is filled with mindless fools. biggrin  

Appoggiatura

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games