Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Memorable moments, in graphic design

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:38 pm
Have there ever been any ads, or pieces of graphic work that stuck with you long after you saw them? What aspect(s) made them stand out to you? Did it teach something about how much impact graphic design can have on people?

On an unrelated note, should we have some sort of glossary, for all the graphic design terms?(like masking, boldface, and such)

I'll kick it off with some of my own memories. The Apple ads always caught me as being incredibly cool, and eye catching, and the iPod ads, in particular, were very memorable to me, and made me want an iPod('cause I had no money, and no music player. gonk )  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:08 pm
I think that the VW advertisements of the 1960s are a favourite of mine. They're some of the first to build up a rhetorical dialogue with the viewer, as opposed to a kind of ominpotent top-down language.  

godoftherain

Panther Nightwind

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:53 pm
If you haven't already, check out the Tutorials and Resources sub-forum. 3nodding I'll look around though when I get back and see if we don't already have one for "definitions" if not, I'll go ahead and start one there whee and other crew members can add/edit it as need be wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:59 pm
Panther Nightwind
If you haven't already, check out the Tutorials and Resources sub-forum. 3nodding I'll look around though when I get back and see if we don't already have one for "definitions" if not, I'll go ahead and start one there whee and other crew members can add/edit it as need be wink

Thank you, it will serve much use, to budding young designers, like myself.  

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

CrZyJ0E

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:41 pm
Yeah there is actualy one recently that did, and i edited it for them to make it even better.

I did the watter ripple.
User Image

I just find that piece so motivational. I am applying for that graphic team also, but i'm expected to be denied at my current level.  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games