Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
God Word play

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do u think science can be compatable with religion?
  yeah
  no
  maybe
  gimme gold
View Results

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:55 pm
Hey everyone, if u haven't noticed, if u spell god the other way......................

it's DOG!!!!!!!!

So he's just a dog after all..... and especially the filthy kind.

Just a little thing i want to share with u guys  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:13 am
ninja Hmm...someone's not a big fan of ol' Bog. That's what the Brittish like to call god when they're making fun of him, or should I say "taking the piss ou' of 'im."  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:54 am
"So he's just a dog after all..... and especially the filthy kind. "
I hope you don't mind if I steal the topic for a somewhat off topic thought, because it's a good example.

Yes, we are atheist and we don't have the same feelings of reverence towards God. In the guild we're most likely to see this as not serious and more funny than anything. Which is understandable. Elsewhere out of the guild, making a topic to call someone's God a filthy dog can be as inciting as making a topic to say atheists don't have morals.
But I've seen times where people here never go beyond making those jokes or, and I exaggerate a little, - 'omg those stupid xtians, lets burn theyz bibles.' Humor and sarcasm can be love, but there are times when you need to get over that or things get a bit repetitive and bordering on giving yourself your own set of negative assumptions to fall back on o.x But that may just be me having read so many posts here. xP
Just a thought here and I'm not saying I expect everyone to be 100% serious and politically correct by any means, but keeping things oversimplified all the time doesn't help. :0  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:30 pm
Or: No senseless theist flaming, por favor.  

Tenth Speed Writer

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff