Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Yes! A random Douglas Adams tangent! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:11 pm
I just got Long, Dark Tea-time of the Soul out of the library and am reading it right now. Huzzah! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:42 pm
Dirk Gently pwns.

That Crazy Botvinnik

Merlinssister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:08 am
I've read all of the HHG books (Mostly Harmless still kind of confuses me) and most of the Salmon of Doubt. I have yet to read Dirk Gently or The Meaning of Liff but I should once I've finished my mound of books which I want to read and yet never got round to it sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:54 pm
...random tangent? Silly girl, 'tis no such thing as a random tangent. Let us not forget the general interconnectedness of all things. 3nodding

Actually, I read "The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul" before the book before it, as "Dirk Gently's...etc." wasn't actually in print at the time, and suffered no ill effects (does explain the plastic sheeting I s'pose). I actually had Dirk Gently on CD before I got the actual book, which, after sixteen years of wondering, became my favorite book. mrgreen
Unfortunately, I had also read the partial third book (Salmon of Doubt) before the first one as well, so, what with all of DNA's various writtings (rhymes with hittings), I sorta figured out what the music was before Susan got the sheet music. sweatdrop Ah well.
And also, I'd rather like to drive out to New Mexico sometime and fell me a "Gusty Winds May Exist" sign. I now applaud wildly every time I see one. mrgreen

And "Last Chance to See"! Yes, definitely a good one. I've got a stolen-from-a-library copy meself. sweatdrop (yes, I'm like a renegade folk hero, ain't I? ninja ) It's because of Douglas that I now champion the cause of the kakapos. I mean, they're so cute, and so endangered! crying gonk heart

As for "Meaning of Liff" (I really need to buy this book)...erm, I occasionally use Ahenny, Abercave, and Albuquerque, because they're all right at the start of the book and I can remember them. sweatdrop

As for post count, I'm sittin' pretty at 195 or something, and that's with me being offline for three months during the summer. cool  

Yuki-Onna Reed

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games