Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
YGO the Abridged Series Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:51 am
It's okay, I'm not 100% on Gaia everyday anymore. Too much PhD ruining my life and stealing my time. xd

Yea some of the submissions I highly doubt that it happened, or that it exactly happened in the way it's submitted, but it is amusing. There are several notalways sites, but the counterpart to that one is notalwaysworking, and that one is sometimes scary. It's employee fails, sometimes they are funny but often it's really upsetting that so many employers (especially managers) treat either customers or those working under them in such terrible ways. Also, the medical ones are just terrifying. I want every fail that could have potentially resulted in loss of life to clarify that the medical personal responsible was fired, but I doubt they were. Those aren't ever things like human error, it's things like staff ignoring patients saying they are faking it (and then it turns out to be something pretty serious), or just leaving them in the ER waiting room while they have a chat for a few hours while conditions worsen and people almost die because it actually wasn't 'nothing.' So yea, I kind of enjoy stupid customers more than negligent employees.

It's just really frustrating doing an Arts PhD and not only feel like I have to defend my research in the context of that's the point of research, but also just defend that I'm doing an Arts degree at all. That shouldn't have to be a part of what I'm doing and it's very depressing. There are 7+ billion people in the world and technological advances decrease the need for a labour market everyday. We don't need 7 billion scientists. The semantics of 'why arts matter' aside, we just as a species have finally hit a point where we should have the luxury to indulge in fields that don't have the same results. Besides, I think the fact that media industries earn more than most science industries is proof of the fact that the average person has more investment and contact with arts fields than with science fields. Which I think is okay, but bah. I mean honestly, I know most of the people I know doing science degrees will go on to achieve absolutely nothing. They won't cure cancer, prove time travel, or whatever. They'll teach, they'll do some research, they'll get minimal answers that contribute nothing to the big picture and change the world in no significant way. That's what most will do. Partly because of capacity, partly because of limitations, and so on. So I know that most of these people who ask 'why would you do an Arts PhD' will go on to be absolutely nothing more in life than I'll have the potential to be, if not less. But damn I hate having to defend it all the time, and to do so without 'insulting' my friends who don't realise how much they are insulting me. But yea, my pov lately is that life is shitty and people as a whole are SO ******** stupid, it's just absolutely irritating and half the time I just don't want to get out of bed and deal with them.

I didn't think you were patronising at all. smile  
aubersghost1234 rolled 3 0-sided dice: , , Total: 0 (3-0)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:20 am
in america dramallama dramallama dramallama  

aubersghost1234

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out