Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Parents influences Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a problem against homosexual or bisexual?
  heck yeah
  hell no
  maybe
  ($ o $)/
View Results

Ruminating Skeptic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:10 pm
I figured out Atheism all on my own, with my parents religious influence. Well, more like their influence drove me to it. I stopped believing in God and had to look up the definition of Atheism in the dictionary to see if that's what I was.

My parents are so tolerant rolleyes the only knowledge I had of Atheism was Calvin in "Calvin and Hobbes" saying to the snow gods "Do you want me to become an Atheist".

I think my parents said "a person who doesn't believe in God" which I know now is totally incorrect, since it applies to all gods, deities, and higher powers.

I'm pretty sure my dad is a homophobe ("wow, I'm so glad I raised my daughter right, she's reading about gay guys screwing each other on the internet") and my mom is a very neutral, healer not fighter, lover not hater type of person, so she probably would have no issues with me being Bi.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:07 pm
I wasn't raised very religiously, so I think that was a factor.
I got one of those little kiddie bibles when I was 4, but it was more of a bedtime story than anything else.
I went to church a few times for sunday school, but that was in the good ol days of naptime.

I'm glad that people dont judge me because I'm an atheist. I hate it when someone does judge and tries to preach. Its even worse when that person is a fellow 8th grader (last year)

and as for gays, that really doesnt matter
who they love, its still love to them  

darkwolf possession

darkwolf possession

mushinaround

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:20 am
no...you guys are lucky...in my school i have religion class...and i have no choice but to participate in it stare  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:44 am
My parents are agnostic. I'm sure that helped a bit.

On the subject of parent influence, I have a link.

Humorous Child Abuse

Is it wrong for parents to indoctrinate their children with any belief, not just christianity?  

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:37 pm
I'm so glad that site is a farce.

I'm sure they get plenty of support from genuine Christians, though.

Anyone see the article on how dinosaurs must still be real? Great satire.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:28 pm
My parents diden't influence me at all cus they never talked to me about religion. I pretty much became an atheist on my own. My mom belives in a god but she dosent go to church or l like preching to people. My dad is atheist but he dosen't seem to care that I am also.  

Zambimaru

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces