Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
my parents r sending me ta a christian counceling camp Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Death God Hitsugaya

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:26 pm
murasame blade
SkeletonPhoenix
GO, my friend and convert. Convert those savages so they can see the light of atheism.

Break down all they give you with logic. Your mind already knows whats fact and fiction unless your agnostic you should be fine. Question all and all should be fine because cristianity can't hold up when you question the supports it stands on.

I get the feeling that trying to convert hard-core Christian's like those you might find at your local neo-nazi Christian camp, would be like trying to convert a coke into a pepsi. The only difference being that the coke and Pepsi would go flat after a while and taste the same.

"Going flat" could be a metaphor for dying. We're all the same when we're dead.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:58 am
murasame blade
The only difference being that the coke and Pepsi would go flat after a while and taste the same.

Whereas we all know Christians remain tasty and fresh even days after you put them in the fridge. biggrin  

Theophrastus

rion kioji

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:41 am
all of my rebeling seems to do nothing for me but dig my own grave (so ta speek) and the "beliving" lie just pissed them off. so not only do i get ta go ta camp, im also goin to an all boys christian "school" next year. its got bared windows, i can only leave campous one time a week, church on sunday and wednesday night is mandatory, and the worst part, i cant play my sport, cause its not an "aproved" sport, aparently tennis is too violent, it SUX!! im so pissed!!! evil just kill me now! emo  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:23 am
The way I see it you can either be torn up and angry about it or you can make the best of it. Use this as a chance to grow your mind, to see why American Christians think the way they do, and add fuel to the fire against your religious oppressors.

Don't be extreme, don't let them make you into a victim of their regime and most importantly, don't just start hanging out with the "bad kids." Yes, there'll be bad kids there and they'll really be something else, but that's a fool's way out - lying and sneaking about.

Despite how rotten this seems, if you face it as an opportunity for growth, it might just be amazing what you can do.  

Theophrastus

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:29 pm
As far as I know, there's still something called "freedom of religion" in this great country of ours. If you believe differently than your parents, I don't think they can legally force you to do anything religious.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:50 pm
ProjectOmicron88
As far as I know, there's still something called "freedom of religion" in this great country of ours. If you believe differently than your parents, I don't think they can legally force you to do anything religious.

unfortantly they can, im not 18 yet so they can send me to any camp or school they c fit, or at least until i get emansipated  

rion kioji

rion kioji

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:53 pm
Theophrastus
The way I see it you can either be torn up and angry about it or you can make the best of it. Use this as a chance to grow your mind, to see why American Christians think the way they do, and add fuel to the fire against your religious oppressors.

Don't be extreme, don't let them make you into a victim of their regime and most importantly, don't just start hanging out with the "bad kids." Yes, there'll be bad kids there and they'll really be something else, but that's a fool's way out - lying and sneaking about.

Despite how rotten this seems, if you face it as an opportunity for growth, it might just be amazing what you can do.

i already hang out w/ the "bad kids" and i did long b4 any of this started.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff