Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
It's hard to believe this! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hachimitsugirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:56 pm
Strange? Of course not!

We should, as by way of our nature, be the type of people that insist upon "finding out" before coming to any conclusion.

Supernatural people, by their nature, are the types who accept doctrine which may completely alter their lives only by way of faith.

Therefore, you are to be expected to study their works while they are expected to only hear about it second-hand. They don't require more than rumor to make them believe.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:37 pm
no, its not unusual, half the "christians" in the world have never read the bible, but ive read it 3 times, just so i could understand why the belive in such a frivalis suposed "god" and i still cant understand it  

rion kioji

Cirosan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:28 pm
The Bible is actually quite the brilliant tale. Riddled with symbolisms, ingenious plot, and intellectual life lessons, it can be analyzed countless times without fully grasping everything the author was trying to say.

I think it can be closely compared to Stephen King's "The Stand" more than anything. Both stories disregard logic and science and play by their own rules in order to tell an amazing story. Both stories feature a long, intertwining odyssey between key people who are ultimately pawns in a game of good versus evil. The good ally themselves to God (God/Mother Abigail in "The Stand"), not because they believe he is almighty and righteous, but because they must follow his orders if they wish to save the ones they love from a great evil. The evil ally themselves to Satan (Flagg in "The Stand") out of greed and self-interest. The good ultimately win because they, unlike the evil people, are willing to die for the greater good. Both are amazing tales of self-sacrifice and victory over ultimate evil.

The problem was when people began twisting a fairy tale into fact and followed it with blind faith as an excuse for persecution and bigotry.

To answer your question, however, you are correct. I am the only person among all the devout Christians in my local area who can, say, name the three Wise Men (Melchior, Balthazar, and Gaspar for those interested).  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:37 pm
Well there are people who choose to be completely ignorant in any feild. They only beleive what their parents told them about the bible. Parents who may have never read the bible themselves. This leads to a decay of the intellegent people in the religious zone. It is unfortunate that the sensefull are overpowered by the enormous population of the exeedingly idiotic. (Expect to see that last sentance more from me)  

God of lunchboxes

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces