Gum erosion and such?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

` c a l c i u m

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:19 am
So my snakebites are pretty much making my gums go sooper sooper low; but only on one side.
What would be able to help end this?
I really really want to keep my snakebites in but I would rather have my teeth then have my snakebites.
So I currently have orthodontic wax on the back of one of them.
But would anything else work?
Plastic backed labret studs?
SILICONE?
I am open to any random suggestions because the wax is getting really annoying for coming off when I am eating.
;--;

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:51 am
I've read reports that say your gums won't grow back after they've receded. But taking the ring out at nighttime and making sure your teeth are really clean will help prevent complications.

Link:
http://www.news-medical.net/?id=8789  

emohawk

2 + 2 omg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:09 pm
.__.''
Well, usually when the lip is pierced there aren't many complications if it's pierced correctly, at least I find, with mine included. However, rings usually help with gum problems rather than using studs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:12 pm
I believe mine receeded as well. But they haven't gone too far now. No gaps of space between the teeth.  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

astrosnik

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:04 am
For most people, constantly removing the jewelry at night is a very bad idea. It's not healthy for a piercing for the friction of removing and reinserting. Often the piercing will shrink or even close over such a long period of time, creating worse problems when you try to cram the jewelry back in. And basic dental hygiene has nothing to do with a piercing. o_O EVERYONE should brush their teeth, ew.

Properly fitting jewelry will reduce or prevent gum erosion. The piercing should be performed specifically for the type of jewelry the client will be wearing for the majority of the time.

That study is very informal, unprofessional, and not done by piercers. Dental health in generally among young people is very poor, particularly with the diets most people have today. (Way too many preseratives and sugars) The information is misleading, though obviously with some hint of fact.

Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games