Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ----::::The FISH Tank::::----
New strand

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the new strand, will you get one?
  I will get one!
  I like but no buy
  i don't like it
View Results

xLandSharkx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:02 pm
Hey I found a new kind of gold fish called the Panda Butterfly Goldfish ( funny name ) any way it's new!! I want to get one. I guess they go good with black moores. Thought I'd share!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:34 pm
Got any pics?  

BluDragon35
Vice Captain

Wealthy Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:47 pm
I own one. His black disappeared in a few months. Black/white only mixes are NOT stable colored. I recommend finding a fish that has colors you like who will keep them. sweatdrop
Pictures of mine:
a few days (?) after buying him
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
picture of him today
picture I added text to
(old thread about it: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=3274769 )
I did a lot of internet research and it seems they're inevitably going to change color and there's nothing you can do to stop it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:15 am
Awww....such a shame.....

I love your captions! whee  

BluDragon35
Vice Captain

Wealthy Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Fable Fae

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:09 am
Ah Pandas hehe.. I remember that I used to be in a very confused state over Panda Telescopes when I first started getting into goldfish.

I was very convinced that my Blackmoor was going to change colours, because it had white on it's underside. Thinking back on it makes me feel stupid, especially since it wasn't too long ago LOL (Maybe about two years ago xd )

Anyways.. I've seen a lot of pictures of different colour changes that Pandas have gone through. In fact, from what I have heard and seen by looking through forums and galleries, goldfish in general seem to colour-change at some point in their life, regardless of what type they are.

I'm sure there are various factors that come into play where pigment changes are concerned, but I'm not very knowledgable about it, lol~

Despite the new colours, I find Kansai's Panda is very pretty in both the before and after photographs. Though some people would prefer their goldfish to always stay the same, I think it's really interesting for them to go through gradual changes. All three of my goldfish are constantly changing at a very slow rate and it's fun to see what new pigments develop, especially in my calico.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:28 am
xd I'm not a fan of the white only.... I like a little bit of color on the body, not just on the eyes and fins. He's got a nice shape. It's a shame he's blind. sweatdrop And the thing was- it wasn't gradual on mine. eek He pretty much lost about 75% of his black in a 2,3 month period.

I've had LOTS of goldfish change colors with their food. Namely, the most dramatic one was feeding a goldfish some left over tropical food I had. He turned almost all black, but once I put him back on the goldfish only stuff, he went back to being orange. They're pretty affected by the nutrients in their food, but I can't say I've noticed much color change (minus my panda) unless there was some sort of different food.
Then again, I've not owned goldfish for extremely long periods of time- except with calicos (like you could notice anyway).

Also, black moores are overbreed/'bastardized' a lot and not really black moores- there is a chance they won't stay black if they're not an entirely pure(ish) strain.  

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

----::::The FISH Tank::::----

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces