Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Tattoos
Couple questions about tattoos.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ever tried to ask a question and have it come out jumbled?
  all the time v_v.
  rarely, i'm articulate and don't have that problem
  only when i'm nervous.
  pardon me?
View Results

emohawk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:37 pm
I have a couple questions about tattoos

first, would it be a good idea to go back to my tattooist about a week after i've already had a tattooing session, to get the same piece worked on again? now it wouldn't be in the same place, it'd be from about 3 inches away to right beside (touching) my existing work. it's all part of the same design it'd be a continuation of what i already have.

second: i've read that tattoo needles are usually 3 or 4 little needles together (if that makes any sense), and also that there are some that only have one needle point. Is it possible to get all the linework in a tattoo done with a single point? would it effect how much pain one feels (as oppose to getting the esact same thing done with multiple point needles) and does it effect the cleanness of the lines and how they'll heal. will they heal thinner than lines done with other needles? and how will these lines age?

sorry that's alot of questions and if any of it doesn't make sense just ask and i'll try and make it clearer.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:39 pm
these questions are right up my alley smile

First: It is definitely not a good idea to work so close to your current tattoo until it's healed, or at least in the waxy stage after the peeling is finished. We need to put our hands all over, stretching skin and what not, and that could seriously set back the healing quality of your current tattoo.

Second: Needles come in shapes and sizes. Liners and shader needles. Liners are made up of thinner, smaller needles in groupings from 1-14 needles. Shaders groupings usually contain anywhere from 5 to 40 needles.

One single needle is not a good idea for general tattooing (arms, legs, chest, back etc); a single line is too delicate to make a tattoo 'hold-up' on the skin. Good sized tattoos need a nice, clean, prominent line. A single needle line won't last against time, and aging. Your skin changes every seven years, and your body is always at work trying to break down the inks (that's how tattoos fade over many years). And the quality of the line itself is at stake. If your tattooer does not have a steady hand, a single needle will show it more than any other size. There are certain cases where a single needle is appropriate, example, my friend Mr. Grillo here in California does amazing things with a single needle (but only in tiny, mini tattoos like this where using a normal liner grouping (5 or cool would be ridiculous biggrin

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Woo man I hope that helped XD  

Brynn Darling

Gaian

200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Angel de Lys

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:14 am
Yep, what Brynn said!

I also wanted to add, since pain was one of your factors, that using a single needle would actually hurt you a lot more than a tattoo needle made up of several needles. That is because with a single needle, all the pressure is directed towards one little spot, wheras the more needles there are in a tattoo needle, the more spread out the pressure becomes. So in reality, the more needles there are, the less painful it will be.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:07 pm
excellent, you answered my questions heart thanks.  

emohawk

Tattoos

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff