Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Not...quite...right...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's a "nice" color?
Blue
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Green
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Yellow
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Red
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Purple
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Orange
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
other
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

124-C

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:33 pm
Just to preface, I have no formal background with graphic design, it's only a hobby. Anyway, I made this banner for another guild that I'm in. I'm not real happy with it. It's just not quite right... Can you help?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh! and if you associate a color with someone being "nice", can you let me know?

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:53 am
I would suggest having the animation a little less choppy. let the words blend into and out of it or something. I don't like the teal colour, but that's just personal preference. =P but definately make the graphics a bit longer. leave the words there a second or two longer so they can be read without speed reading.  

czerniana

Kitsuta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:42 pm
Try Yellow instead of Teal. Yellow usually represents friendship, friendliness, etcetera.

And what are you doing using black and red? It's a guild for nice people, not goths. Also, red on black is frusteratingly hard to read. So try another scheme.

Finally, why is that shadow dude there? Are nice people anonymous or something? Add a real avatar or five to the banner. Take screenshots of nice people in the guild who are not nekkid at the time and stick 'em on there -- maybe have one, then add another, then a third, etcetera, and the words.

Oops, one more thing -- the words, besides being hard-to-read red, are very plain. Fancy it up a little! domokun  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:03 pm
Thank you both for your input. Since I made that last banner I had a break-through: I HATE ANIMATED BANNERS. Yeah, I was amazed by what I found out about myself. But alas, your input has not gone to waste. I completely re-did the banner and here's what came out of it.

124-C

Kitsuta

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:49 am
Gebrek
Thank you both for your input. Since I made that last banner I had a break-through: I HATE ANIMATED BANNERS. Yeah, I was amazed by what I found out about myself. But alas, your input has not gone to waste. I completely re-did the banner and here's what came out of it.

Ah, now that's a nice banner! All that's missing is a good border. Usually when I've finished a banner and I realize the border looks plain, I go the cheap way and add 2 pixels of black to the edges(just use canvas size to do this easily). It gives it a nice 'finished' look. You could also do a very light/pale yellow instead of black. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:56 pm
Thank you. Actually, I realized that I had forgotten the border just as soon as I posted it. The funny thing is, I had one on the crappy banner...  

124-C

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff