Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Thoughts on fantasy.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Natasha_Romanova

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:17 pm
I've often wondered if those who write true fantasy don't glimpse and dream in other worlds. The worlds I read seem far more real to me than my own, their colors brighter and clearer, and their lives more vigorous than this dull and dreary world in which I toil.

I often dream, that one day I will find my own door into summer, the passage through which I may attain my own world in which to dream and live a hero's life. And then I wake, and am sad that my dreaming had to end.

How wonderful it must be, to know your dream and live in it. How truly divine the life perfected, the dream fulfilled.

And then I look, and see once more the pages, not the world. Mere ink and paper, where before there was flesh and sunlight and sound.

And I long for my dreams once more.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:08 pm
and that, is really what fantasy is; a dream come real in the confounds of your mind, the writer neednt do more then tell you where his or her mind is and your mind follows instantly; filling in- you'll notice- everything that the author forgot to tell you about, like the curious shine of the apples in the orchard, or how delicate a morning person must look after she's lost her one true love.

If im not mistaken, its called [i cant quite recall what it was called --_--]Its when you begin to believe that your actually there. Its that heart pounding moment you feel when the heroins have encountered a particularly evil villian for the umpteenth time and its the tears you shed for the the sacrifice of a warrior that never was.

the mind is a magical thing, and this segment was particularly lovely, thank you.  

NovaKing

Natasha_Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:17 pm
NovaKing
If im not mistaken, its called [i cant quite recall what it was called --_--]Its when you begin to believe that your actually there. Its that heart pounding moment you feel when the heroins have encountered a particularly evil villian for the umpteenth time and its the tears you shed for the the sacrifice of a warrior that never was.

It's called 'suspension of disbelief', the goal of every bit of fiction ever meant to be taken seriously.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:01 pm
Natasha_Romanova
NovaKing

It's called 'suspension of disbelief', the goal of every bit of fiction ever meant to be taken seriously.

no no, not that, when you feel like your actually there. I mean you believe it. Im fairly certain it had something to do with converting text into images.  

NovaKing

Natasha_Romanova

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:59 pm
NovaKing
Natasha_Romanova
NovaKing

no no, not that, when you feel like your actually there. I mean you believe it. Im fairly certain it had something to do with converting text into images.

Wait... y'mean you're not supposed to do that all the time?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:33 pm
Natasha_Romanova
NovaKing
Natasha_Romanova
NovaKing

Wait... y'mean you're not supposed to do that all the time?

no no you are only in this case you sort of feel the situation. really extreme cases include people who have fealt pain durring dreams.  

NovaKing

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff