Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
`FTP Help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rinny Star

Newbie Gaian

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:44 am
This sucks. D:

I've been trying to upload my site onto a server that a friend provided for me. The layout is coded and ready to be uploaded on a folder I have in my documents. But the problem is, I've totally forgotten how to use FTP. With some suggestions, I downloaded SmartFTP, and I was wondering if anyone could help.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:01 pm
What sort of thing do you need help with? To start you enter the site name (sometimes an IP address, sometimes a URL to the FTP server...) and the login & password for the site. Then browse to where the files are on your computer, drag them to the window showing the server, and hit go, or whatever you need to do to start the transfer.

Does that help?  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

Wolven Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:31 pm
Use smart ftp he it alwayz helps razz  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:32 am
I have SmartFTP. sad

I'm able to log in (at least it says I'm connected :p) onto apple.atriotic.com

I just want to know how to get my files onto the actualy subdomain. Dx I've looked through every option and am clueless.

Rinny Star

Newbie Gaian

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kitsuta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:45 pm
Rinny Star
I have SmartFTP. sad

I'm able to log in (at least it says I'm connected :p) onto apple.atriotic.com

I just want to know how to get my files onto the actualy subdomain. Dx I've looked through every option and am clueless.

Most FTP clients use drag and drop or double click to upload files. All the ones I've used(read: two, WS_FTP and CoffeeCup FTP) have two windows, one for your local machine and one for the server you are connected to, and you just drag the files from one window to the other. If all else fails, try right clicking the file you want to upload. You can of course use Shift-Click to select multiple files.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:19 am
Very Leet Firefox addon, pretty easy to use. FireFTP.

EDIT-Try logging at atriotic.com, then use your user and pass. It will put them up where you want them. Trust me.

That Crazy Botvinnik

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff