Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
On the mind.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lidless_i

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:36 pm
I sit here... well that's misleading. In truth my body has come to rest in this chair, "I" didn't really have anything to do with it. The connection from mind to body has grown thin once more, reality is shallow again and my thoughts finally belong to me again. I strove after this seemingly unreachable goal for so long and now that I have it, all I want is to give it back.
It happened once before when I was twelve. Nothing seemed real and motivation was just a far away concept that had no meaning. I never really recovered, or if I did it took years. I had to learn tricks to make myself do things since nothing held any importance any more, but this... this is unfathomable. I don't know if I could learn for this... I don't even know if I should. Why did I ever want this? What's wrong with me?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:30 pm
lidless_i
I sit here... well that's misleading. In truth my body has come to rest in this chair, "I" didn't really have anything to do with it. The connection from mind to body has grown thin once more, reality is shallow again and my thoughts finally belong to me again. I strove after this seemingly unreachable goal for so long and now that I have it, all I want is to give it back.
It happened once before when I was twelve. Nothing seemed real and motivation was just a far away concept that had no meaning. I never really recovered, or if I did it took years. I had to learn tricks to make myself do things since nothing held any importance any more, but this... this is unfathomable. I don't know if I could learn for this... I don't even know if I should. Why did I ever want this? What's wrong with me?

Why do any of us live? Tell me, can you answer that question?

Honestly, we all have our reasons.

I dont know yours though, and long ago I realized that i cannot go around making assumptions about other peoples lives.

judging from what you said though i do know that, like everything else living on this curious planet, you are making things much more complicated then they appear. so what will you do about it? will you shroud away from the complications that you have simplified in your own attempts to protect yourself? just as i once did...or can you find currage enough to face your innabition and see it for what it really is.  

NovaKing

NovaKing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:35 pm
sorry if you saw the first version. I've been awfully drowsy as of late.
Unless im over reacting and this is just a passage about some fictional character.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:44 pm
NovaKing
sorry if you saw the first version. I've been awfully drowsy as of late.
Unless im over reacting and this is just a passage about some fictional character.

It's alright, I've found that the things said when one is lacking the typical social inhibition have more basis in fact than anything else people say or do. As per whether or not the account is by me or a fictional character, I rarely go out of my way to pull fact and fiction apart any more. It's just too much work with too few benefits.  

lidless_i

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:06 pm
Interesting. I was in one of those moods a week or so ago. Just sort of sat up in bed and thought, till I realized I couldn't find much motivation to what I was doing anymore. It all seemed pointless and didn't entertain me no longer. Sort of scary...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:30 pm
BlackHawkGS
Interesting. I was in one of those moods a week or so ago. Just sort of sat up in bed and thought, till I realized I couldn't find much motivation to what I was doing anymore. It all seemed pointless and didn't entertain me no longer. Sort of scary...

Indeed, indecision is one of mans deadliest poisons. I personally like to look at life like a story; the urge to find out what happens next keeps me going.  

NovaKing

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff