Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Bible Video Games for NES/SNES

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arios V

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:06 pm
A few weeks ago I was browsing around Youtube, and some how I came across this video entitled: BIBLE GAMES - Review By The Angry Video Game Nerd (AKA: Angry Nintendo Nerd). So out of curiosity I watched the video, and I must say, those are some seriously crappy games. Even without the Nerd's review, you can tell how bad they are. The video is roughly 21 minutes and 30 seconds long (Minus the intro Christmasy Theme Song, and the short monologues). I really don't think I can explain it as well as the Nerd can, so I leave you with the video. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkNvQYiM6bw

WARNING: This review contains very rude and very foul language and is an extremely long video. However like all his reviews, it is very in depth and has some good insight on these games.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:28 pm
That's awesome. I put that on my favorites list!  

Fenky

Wheezing Humorist

Arios V

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:43 pm
Fenky
That's awesome. I put that on my favorites list!

I know, I get a kick out of it every time I see it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:16 pm
Dude.

I played Noah's Ark and Baby Moses.

The funny thing is that to make those games, Wisdom Tree (the company behind them) /stole/ the source code for them from other games. They were never approved by Nintendo.

That means that this supposedly Christian effort used thievery and the black market to promote their work. Another nail in the coffin.  

Theophrastus

Jessica Malatori

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:17 pm
I want a Jesus Christ FPS. lmao  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:29 pm
That is what happens when religion tries to "get with it", wait maybe it isn't that complicated, someone must have made a math problem:

If Teens don't believe in god, teens - bible= less Christians, so if Teens + video games= teens liking games than that must mean, teens + (video games
x bible)= Teens liking bible yay!  

Dissnitive Blade

Arios V

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:08 pm
Theophrastus
Dude.

I played Noah's Ark and Baby Moses.

The funny thing is that to make those games, Wisdom Tree (the company behind them) /stole/ the source code for them from other games. They were never approved by Nintendo.

That means that this supposedly Christian effort used thievery and the black market to promote their work. Another nail in the coffin.

That's exactly what the Nerd was getting at. All of those games are unlicensed rip-offs that Wisdom Tree ripped off so they could try and get kids to like the bible.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:52 pm
The Games section of Encyclopedia Obscura has quite a few articles on these Wisdom Tree games.

Personally, I find the games to be quite ironic and hilarious. If Wisdom Tree honestly thinks they'll get kids to like the Bible with these games, then they should probably seek mental therapy.

Although I would gladly go to church if it meant seeing an old lady explode. xp  

Six Billion of Spades

Familiar Phantom

Arios V

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:38 pm
Semper Fiasco
The Games section of Encyclopedia Obscura has quite a few articles on these Wisdom Tree games.

Personally, I find the games to be quite ironic and hilarious. If Wisdom Tree honestly thinks they'll get kids to like the Bible with these games, then they should probably seek mental therapy.

Although I would gladly go to church if it meant seeing an old lady explode. xp

Thanx for the link, I'll look it up in a few  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:27 pm
murasame blade
That is what happens when religion tries to "get with it", wait maybe it isn't that complicated, someone must have made a math problem:

If Teens don't believe in god, teens - bible= less Christians, so if Teens + video games= teens liking games than that must mean, teens + (video games

I love your equation.  

Death God Hitsugaya

Dissnitive Blade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:56 pm
Bladed Alchemist
murasame blade

I love your equation.

Oh and to make it really work, remember to add the square root of the threat of damnation with the product of blind faith X the promise of heaven and then add that to the original formula and *Bam* you have your self a brainwashed Cristian teen.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:11 pm
murasame blade
Bladed Alchemist
murasame blade

I love your equation.

Oh and to make it really work, remember to add the square root of the threat of damnation with the product of blind faith X the promise of heaven and then add that to the original formula and *Bam* you have your self a brainwashed Cristian teen.

Gotta love math, lol.  

Death God Hitsugaya

Dissnitive Blade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:14 pm
Bladed Alchemist
murasame blade
Bladed Alchemist
murasame blade

I love your equation.

Gotta love math, lol.

Yep, lol.  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces