Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Should I spend 20 bucks on the Left Behind game for lulz?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dread Dionaea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:54 pm
This is Left Behind, a poorly written masturbatory User Image-fest. It has a lot to do with the UN killing good Christians and the antichrist coming around and saying "You know what would be fun? Raping the world."

This is Eternal Forces, an RTS based on the horrifically written slap in the face to good authors everywhere. As you can see from the article I linked to, it's a hotbed of controversy that's angering people from a lot of different groups. You can either convert or die. The fact that neutral units can't be attacked doesn't matter--they either join you or join the bad guys (and then you can blow their faces off).

Now, this is the main webpage. Apparently, you could potentially play as the opposing force. The game will bite you in the a** if you even try, however, and it's nearly impossible to win. I can't find this information on their website but this leads to my next point:

Should I fork over the 20 bucks and get my copy of this insanely laughable game and a SHINY NEW BOOK (wow!) or save my money?

What I promise if I get the game:

* Screencaps of extreme evangelical videogaming
* Analysis of the game and the book, done humorously
* Deliberately setting up various game elements for maximum screencaping hilarity
* Possibly a screencap-heavy play through of the game if there's interest, meaning the plot and play captured in images so I play it and you don't have to. Will make fun of the images.

So...what do you think? Is it worth it?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:24 pm
Wow.

This reminds me of those old Something Awful video game reviews, from back in the day when it was Lowtax and Zach.

I personally think it would be hilarious. I can't rightfully endorse that you steal it off the 'net, as thievery=violation of the freedoms of others=bad, so I say why not? I'm interested to know more about it.

Stupid LaHaye and Jenkins all up in my veegees savin' my soulz.  

Theophrastus

Dread Dionaea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:46 pm
Funny you should say that. I'm a Something Awful forums goon. It's actually inspired by the "Let's Play!" subforum of games. When done well, "Let's Play!" threads are hilarious and I'd always wanted to try my hand at it. If I buy it I'll probably cross-post the thread there.

...OK, I have to ask. Stairs?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:16 pm
p4k ch0013 unf!

Poor grandma.  

Theophrastus

Dread Dionaea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:30 pm
I thought I was the only goon on Gaia, hooray!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:45 pm
Believe it or not I never registered there.

Mainly because when the site was in its golden age, as described above, most of the high quality hilarity was filtered to the public level.

That and I can't stand forums.

I still can't believe I even play Gaia. But it's just so ******** cute.

Okay, back on topic, I do endorse your idea. And you have to transcribe the results of what happens on SA, too.  

Theophrastus

Dread Dionaea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:50 pm
Of course. I'm negative in the bank now (lulz) so I have to convince my boyfriend to chip in.

He's a Catholic so I tried to tempt him by telling him he can kill atheists but he says it's still a waste of money. sad I'll be working on it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:01 pm
Uhm ...hmm ...
ror  

Theophrastus

Dread Dionaea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:24 pm
(Note: He does not really want to kill atheists, he is indifferent to our presence User Image)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:45 pm
My friend tried that game, he said it flat out sucked. Everything about it was horrible, controls, A.I. and the overall premise of the game was stupid.  

Arios V

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff