Reply Tattoos
Aftercare Question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shoe_trophy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:34 pm
I'm getting gray scale work done on my back soon and I've been hearing about Tattoo Goo. Has anyone used it or heard anything about it? Does it work well?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:54 pm
no. don't use it. just use A&D and lotion and your tattoo will heal beautifully.  

Brynn Darling

Gaian

200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

shoe_trophy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:32 pm
Is there a particular reason I shouldn't use it?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:29 pm
I have tryed it before, I am not really found of it.
It seems waxy.. and thats the LAST thing you want to put on your tattoo.
for me: it seems like its not water baced, smells bad, is sticky, doesnt take the burning feeling away.

I really like just useing some lubriderm or vasaline intensive care lotion a few times a day.
Just the basic unsented lotions... if you have sensitive skin go to the lubriderm for that... I recently discovered I am allergic to Lanolin(that might be spelled wrong) that is in most lotions, and now I have little spots where the color pulled out quite badly from the reaction, its happened to a few other people I know too.  

Artimus_Twitch

shoe_trophy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:08 pm
I used Lubriderm on my past tattoos, but the two I have are just small Norse runes. I wanna make sure I heal the next one really well since it will be so much bigger and require a lot of shading, where as my previous two were solid black. I've heard some good things about Tattoo Goo, I've also heard some bad things, so I wasn't sure. Thanks for your input. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:59 pm
I've always used Polysporin on mine. That's what my tattooist always recommends, and it works really well. The healing process it very quick with it, and it relieves the itch too.  

Angel de Lys

Artimus_Twitch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:50 pm
shoe_trophy
I used Lubriderm on my past tattoos, but the two I have are just small Norse runes. I wanna make sure I heal the next one really well since it will be so much bigger and require a lot of shading, where as my previous two were solid black. I've heard some good things about Tattoo Goo, I've also heard some bad things, so I wasn't sure. Thanks for your input. smile

If someone was to use tattoo goo... I would say the smaller the tattoo the better. With the tin I got from the shop I used to work at, I would not have had enough to cover it for the healing process of my smallest tattoo(the size of my hand) and those things were $8 each...
I could never imagne useing that stuff on a large tattoo... it does NOT spread well. And when your skin is swollen and irritated already.. rubbing that stuff on stings.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:40 pm
Yeah I dont know why you'd even bother with the goo. You can get a jar of Vasaline for way cheaper. I used a 99cent bottle of Suave oatmeal unscented lotion for mine and it worked just fine.  

popcornsharingbox

shoe_trophy

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:20 pm
~Eurydice~
Yeah I dont know why you'd even bother with the goo. You can get a jar of Vasaline for way cheaper. I used a 99cent bottle of Suave oatmeal unscented lotion for mine and it worked just fine.

Well the goo is formulated for tattoos specifically, not just moisturizing. It's supposed to help keep color vibrant, etc. Like I said though, I've heard different things about how well it works. If something a little more expensive works well though I'd rather get it over the cheap stuff. I always get cleaner made specifically for piercings rather than just using soap and water for example. It's also easier too though, less work and less messy. razz  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:22 pm
Artimus_Twitch
shoe_trophy

If someone was to use tattoo goo... I would say the smaller the tattoo the better. With the tin I got from the shop I used to work at, I would not have had enough to cover it for the healing process of my smallest tattoo(the size of my hand) and those things were $8 each...
I could never imagne useing that stuff on a large tattoo... it does NOT spread well. And when your skin is swollen and irritated already.. rubbing that stuff on stings.

I believe they also have spray, but it might be for something different...  

shoe_trophy

Dragon Queen Kimiko

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:20 pm
My personal opinion, I haven't seen a difference. Big or little, it doesn't seem to affect the color. Lotion is cheaper and like Artimus said, your skin is going to be sore and that stuff is kind of thick  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:48 pm
shoe_trophy
Artimus_Twitch
shoe_trophy

I believe they also have spray, but it might be for something different...

I have never heard of them haveing a spray... but I also have not worked in a shop crappy enough to carry it in a few years.
but even if they did... I dont think I would want to use a spray on a tattoo. That means it will have a high water content to make it thin enough to spray. And lots of water is not good for a tattoo.  

Artimus_Twitch

Tattoos

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff