Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
Lip piercing

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Purge In My Breakfast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:22 am
Hey, I got my lip pierced on Saturday at Blue Banana.

It was in the middle with a titanium bar.

And I was just wondering, what should I clean it with?

I've been using a very watered down solution of Dettol and pre-boiled water, its what I used for my other piercings. But it still hurts sometimes and it gets crusty on the outside part, and it hurts there too. I also keep biting it when eating so now I have to chew with my mouth open to avoid this.

Can someone help?

Ty xxx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:49 pm
Your post was moved to the Facial & Oral Piercing sub-forum. Please choose the appropriate forum to make a post under next time.

As for your piercing. I would suggest cleaning it with antibacterial soap and warm water with a q tip to get rid of dried blood for a few days. From there, if you can get your hands on some H2Ocean or Emu Oil, that would be awesome. Apply it with a cotton ball or q tip as well.
It might also be a good idea to rinse your mouth with mouthwash [diluted with water at a 1:1 ratio] each time you're finished with a meal or smoking [if you do]. Generally the mouthwash technique leans toward more oral piercings such as frenulum or the tongue itself, however I think it's useful for mouth piercings like lip or medusas, just to name a few, as well.  

Zombina Corpse
Captain

apanda999

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:48 pm
Good job, Zombina! Anything on your mouth or in it needs to be cleaned with mouthwash any time after smoking, eating or drinking anything besides water. Make sure to use Anti-Septic mouthwash, I recommend Listerine. Any brand you do decide to use, try to make sure it does not have any strong flavor.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:59 pm
Jaded kitty I know you work at a shop and all but every thing so I dont mean to question your athority on this lol but doesn't listerine have alcohol in it? I've been told by many sorces not to use mouth washes with alcohol.  

Kingshortpants

popcornsharingbox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:43 am
Kingshortpants
Jaded kitty I know you work at a shop and all but every thing so I dont mean to question your athority on this lol but doesn't listerine have alcohol in it? I've been told by many sorces not to use mouth washes with alcohol.

I've always been told the same thing, actually. Biotine mouthwash was always strongly recommended to me and what I've always used.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:47 pm
Sorry, I did forget the part about cutting it with a little water. The Alcohol tends to be to harsh for piercings and can dry things up. It's a great antiseptic, and I do tell people that if they don't want to go through the trouble of watering it down, to use an antiseptic wash with out alcohol. Sorry I did not clarify that. sweatdrop

apanda999

Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff