Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Alkemist ~the RP~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome!
I am a fangirl
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
I am a fanboy
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
I am a fan of gold
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Oh dear... what is going on...?
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 23

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:48 pm
Die tapped her lips. "I'm afraid I can't let you in unsupervised. As I'm sure you are aware, if anything were to happen to you on Diner property, I'd be accountable. Perhaps we can compromise... My companion wants to return to the Library and he has certain talents that may prove useful, and I myself need to survey my new property. We can move our endeavor up to accommodate your schedule, and include you in the party." She linked her hands and rested her chin on the inter-laced fingers, slit-pupiled eyes thoughtful. "Regarding allowing you to keep the book, though... I'm afraid I can't. Not because I have any interest in hindering you, but simply because, as I understand it, the Library itself won't allow it. It's a Library--books are meant to be returned to it."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:27 am
"Uh, I'm sorry, I should be minding my own business, but... She's right. I've taken out a couple of books and... They always end up back. Al-ways. There... May be a copier in there or something? Bring a camera, take pictures? I mean, I was just taking out novels, you know how libraries can be about reference volumes." He paused, and looked from Esteban to Die, and then back again. "That is... if... you're... looking for a reference volume. I wasn't listening or anything."

If rolling eyes made a sound, everybody out the door and down the street would have heard Sam from behind the bar. As it was, the people in the main room just heard her scoff.  

Rowen McNeill

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:41 am
"I see," the doctor said thoughtfully. "I accept your proposal, though we really need to get started right away." He stood and walked over to Rowen. "Let me see your wound," he said, asking in a way that was more of a demand, rather than a request. His eyes also flashed red for a moment, though, it was brief.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:47 pm
"Uhm, ok..."

Rowen blinked, and began to remove the bandages. There were some lines of fresh skin, but unless one knew what to look for it was like the wounds had never been there. Once both of his hands were uncovered, he tossed the bandages behind the bar, where he knew a garbage can was located. Sam grumbled something, indicating he had missed-- since she had moved it closer to the mess on the floor.

He smiled sheepishly, then turned to Esteban and showed the man both of his hands. If it weren't for the blood on the bandages, it would have looked like there had never been any damage at all.

"Of course, I can heal other people faster than that, but... it takes a toll on my metabolism. I'm fine now, a cookie or soda or something'll be more than enough to make up for that."

Rowen McNeill

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:34 pm
"Very interesting," the doctor said as he examined the lads hands. "Very interesting indeed. Well, we should be off, I think." Esteban turned and headed for the door and opened with ease, but stopped abruptly. "Forgetting something," he announced holding out his hand open. In a matter of seconds his briefcase was in his hands, latched. "I will meet you there, and please don't take too long. I have a schedule to keep." With a vague smile he let the door shut behind him and he was off.

(exit to Library, Tenth Sea I believe)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:57 pm
"Uh, sure, ehh..." He watched Esteban leave, blinked, then looked at Die. "I should follow him, shouldn't I?"

He dashed to a coat rack by the door, grabbed his duster, and was almost out the door when a well-aimed brown paper bag hit the back of his head. Spinning around on his heel, he grabbed it before it hit the ground-- and just missed getting hit between his eyes with three juice boxes.

"Nice catch." Sam was standing behind the bar, wiping her hands on a bar-rag. "Now put them in your pockets."

"Uh, yeah..." The bag in one pocket, the juice boxes in the other, and once again she almost nailed him between the eyes with a fourth juice box.

"Uh.. there's no more room in my pockets..."

"That one is for now."

"Oh! Right!" He seemed to remove and unwrap the straw in one movement, and puncture the box & drink it's contents in a second. He tossed it in the garbage can, which Sam slid with her foot to the right place at the last minute. "Thanks Sammy! By, Die!"

And he was gone.

Leaving Sam fuming behind the bar.

"'SAMMY'?!"

((Rowen exit to Tenth Sea Library.))  

Rowen McNeill

Rowen McNeill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:58 pm
"Uh, sure, ehh..." He watched Esteban leave, blinked, then looked at Die. "I should follow him, shouldn't I?"

He dashed to a coat rack by the door, grabbed his duster, and was almost out the door when a well-aimed brown paper bag hit the back of his head. Spinning around on his heel, he grabbed it before it hit the ground-- and just missed getting hit between his eyes with three juice boxes.

"Nice catch." Sam was standing behind the bar, wiping her hands on a bar-rag. "Now put them in your pockets."

"Uh, yeah..." The bag in one pocket, the juice boxes in the other, and once again she almost nailed him between the eyes with a fourth juice box.

"Uh.. there's no more room in my pockets..."

"That one is for now."

"Oh! Right!" He seemed to remove and unwrap the straw in one movement, and puncture the box & drink it's contents in a second. He tossed it in the garbage can, which Sam slid with her foot to the right place at the last minute. "Thanks Sammy! By, Die!"

And he was gone.

Leaving Sam fuming behind the bar.

"'SAMMY'?!"

((Rowen exit to Tenth Sea Library.))  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:36 pm
Die sighed, "It could be worse I suppose..." and stood, going behind the bar and dragging out a rough green messenger bag that clanked suspiciously. "I'm sorry your first day is such a mess--it's not usually quite this chaotic. I suppose I ought to expect more... anyway, you've got the run of the place until we get back." She would have mentioned the locations of other things, but this young woman seemed to know all the important ones. "Everything you ought to need is somewhere on the first floor, if you need blankets or something similar, they're in the linen closet on the second floor."
Die headed for the door and grabbed her own jacket before leaving.

(exit, Tenth Sea)  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Rowen McNeill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:25 pm
Sam arched an eyebrow and watched as Die gathered her things. The set-up of the place was pretty standard. Actually, it was almost cleched, but she didn't care enough to say anything about it.

"Have... fun..." Her voice was rather deadpan, and if anything she seemed annoyed.

After all, she had intended to get a job as a bouncer.  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff