Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Fanfiction & Fanart
Need help understanding the rules of SM

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarknessofHeavenandDreams

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:25 am
I'm writing a fanfiction. If anyone would like to help with the plot or designs or such, do PM me.

But I would like to know the rules (if any are truly established) of Sailormoon, first.

1. Reincarnation vs. Children

It has been established that Chibi-Usa becomes Sailormoon in the future, inheriting her mother's powers. Does this mean that if Usagi dies in a time when Usa has been born (30th century according to manga) that she will not be reincarnated, now that the power has been passed down?

2. Reincarnation vs. Gender/Sex

Blame the new age theories I grew up with as a kid for this one. Is it POSSIBLE to make it so senshi can be reincarnated as a different sex than they were before or want to be? (Note: from my anthropology readings, 'gender' is the role you play in society and 'sex' is biological and genetic)

3. Usa- Earth and Moon?

Chibi-Usa is the daughter of the Moon Senshi and the Earth senshi. Since we've seen no other time-traveling children, I assume they won't have any more kids. But does that mean Usa has the power of Moon and Earth? Does that create an imbalance the future must deal with?

4. Saturn's powers

Saturn has the power of creation and destruction simultaneously, right?

5. New outfits

What is the requirement to instigate an outift change for senshi? Is there any rule save for the 'Sailorcollar' rule to them? What about men? Would they end up in skirts, or would it be divided by sex or gender with co-ed sailorscouts?  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:54 pm
1 - That's up to interpretation, I'd assume that yes, Usagi loses her Sailor Moon powers when Chibi Usa inherits them and Mamoru loses most of his Kamen abilities. USagi can still use the ginzuishou and Kamen cans till use terrakenisis.

2 - Girls are senshi. Period. They were princesses, and now they're schoolgirls. Knights such as Adonis and Endymion are the gender exception, but they were men in their previous lives as well.

3 - Chibi Usa seems to be the joined force of Endymion and Serenity. She rules the Moon AND the Earth and symbolizes the ideal merging of the two governments that never got to occur during the Silver Millenium.

4 - Saturn has the power of death, and potentially through that, rebirth because as a controller of death, she can say destruction does or does not occcur on certain levels. It's why she can heal wounds in the anime. She simply wills away the destruction of the wound.

5 - Usually they get new outfits (and with them, at least one new attack), because their current enemy is just too powerful. And the base seems to stay the same, with the skirt, collar and bow changing style/color. Men have never been shown to 'upgrade', so more can be left to the imagination there, though I'd assume it'd remain the same ruling, coloration and decoratiosn change while the base of the uniform remains the same. The majority of senshi wear seifuku (they ARE Sailor Senshi after all) with the sole exception being Starlights in their leather gear. (and yes, those ARE 100% girls who wear disguises via magic)  

Syndrama

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:58 pm
Is it possible to bring about the sex/gender thing with a new ruler in the line of the moon, she being the core of the senshi, and often the one who prompts senshi changes.

If, say, when the sailor senshi had children, some had sons, what would be the rule about the fuku then?

PS: Thanks. Uber-helpful so far.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:05 pm
Firstly, you have to realize (hard to know this, since Stars isn't an American release) that Moon isn't the main senshi... There are senshi EVERYWHERE and Sailor Moon is just known of in most star systems. She's not the high-Leader. No one is. Every group has a core system, with their own leader. However, Naoko herself said she intended that all senshi would be female and all men would be knights.

That doesn't mean that the protection of a planet can't fall to a man eventually, Mamoru's the guardian of Earth afterall 3nodding They'd just wear a Knight's Uniform, isntead of a seifuku, and be called something besides "Sailor ___". As an example, most knights wear masks, though the outfit itself is vastly different between the two shown knights in the manga (The Ace Bandit and Tuxedo Mask). One wears a tuxedo, the other wears a male school uniform-inspired outfit with a stylization to show it's not actually a school uniform.  

Syndrama

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:18 pm
I meant she's the core of the sol senshi, being a) what they protect, and b) the catalyst for the senshi upgrades.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:01 pm
Yami_Again
I meant she's the core of the sol senshi, being a) what they protect, and b) the catalyst for the senshi upgrades.

That itself isn't really true. Hotaru gives the outers their Star upgrades in the Manga, and the Pegasus gave the inners their Super forms in the anime. 3nodding Upgrades seem to be given in a manner according to situation, not any solitary force that is constant.

Again, that doesn't mean that Usagi can't be the catalyst to force a change eventually. They'll run out of every othe option the way things go for them that the ginzuishou wiould have to be the form shifter at least once *L*  

Syndrama

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:13 pm
I think I can make this work then. Thanks for clearing stuff up.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:19 pm
In all honesty, there -are- no rules.

Your character can reincarnate from female to male as long as the Starseed is the same or something like that.

the 'rule's are loose as well. The senshi don't *have* to be princesses/princes. They can be someone as common as an oprhaned theif or a milkmaid.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Syndrama

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:53 pm
Luamervara

Your character can reincarnate from female to male as long as the Starseed is the same or something like that.

the 'rule's are loose as well. The senshi don't *have* to be princesses/princes. They can be someone as common as an oprhaned theif or a milkmaid.

Uhh... no. Naoko herself said the rule is all senshi are female. Always. She has knights, who are male guardians, but they're not senshi. The gold crystal Mamoru owns isn't a senshi's seed, it's just a VERY powerful starseed. A male body cannot house a senshi. Granted, it's fanfiction, so if you wanted to make an AU where there was a male senshi, it's all you and more power to ya, but Yami seemed to be implying they wanted to know what apparent rules were present in the manga/anime about senshi. The more popular dojinshi are the ones that keep true to the source, though. Since fanwork is supposed to be an emulation of your love for the original, not your attempt to outshine them.

No, Senshi don't have to be royal, but I never said they did, it just helps, since naturally, the guardian of a planet is more than likely going to be the ruler as well. It's part of the responsiblility of the throne. I can see some angst coming from any ruler who was born NOT the senshi while a captain of the guard happened to carry the seed instead. It'd make for an interesting story.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:27 pm
~Alechsa~
Luamervara

Uhh... no. Naoko herself said the rule is all senshi are female. Always. She has knights, who are male guardians, but they're not senshi. The gold crystal Mamoru owns isn't a senshi's seed, it's just a VERY powerful starseed. A male body cannot house a senshi. Granted, it's fanfiction, so if you wanted to make an AU where there was a male senshi, it's all you and more power to ya, but Yami seemed to be implying they wanted to know what apparent rules were present in the manga/anime about senshi. The more popular dojinshi are the ones that keep true to the source, though. Since fanwork is supposed to be an emulation of your love for the original, not your attempt to outshine them.

No, Senshi don't have to be royal, but I never said they did, it just helps, since naturally, the guardian of a planet is more than likely going to be the ruler as well. It's part of the responsiblility of the throne. I can see some angst coming from any ruler who was born NOT the senshi while a captain of the guard happened to carry the seed instead. It'd make for an interesting story.

*brows rose* From my understanding, the starseed Mamoru has is a 'sailor' crystal for that planet. Therefor making him more or less a 'sailor'. Since all the senshi are guardians of their planets. He's a male soldier- therefor he's a senshi.

All Sailors are Females (since that's part of the whole Sailor collars they're sailors) but all special starseeds can be Senshi. As in warriors. Because that's what senshi is.

Sailor Galaxia was never said to be royal anything- neither were Chi or Phi or Lethe and Mneysthome (gods I can never spell that girl's name right). Since none of them are Animates. (they don't have 'Iron or something like a three part name-ie Sailor Iron Mouse). I think they're like what happened to the Sol Senshi when their Starseeds were taken.

Mamoru's Starseed was taken because it's a 'sailor' crystal(special starseed) making him a Sailor senshi (minus the sailor collar.). Other wise he'd be like Phobos and demios or Luna and Artemis who are support too, but they do not have special starseeds but they do have the potential for it.
Yet, their starseeds were never taken, but his was at the very beinging and Galaxia only has use for -sailor- crystals. So why would she need his if he's not considered at a status equaled to that of a Sailor senshi? After all she would not want less and the Golden Crystal is considered to have a power -equaled- to the Silver Crystal.

Naoko also doesn't speak very good english either so when asked that question she gave the best possible answer that can be translated into english.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:45 am
Luamervara
~Alechsa~
Luamervara

*brows rose* From my understanding, the starseed Mamoru has is a 'sailor' crystal for that planet. Therefor making him more or less a 'sailor'. Since all the senshi are guardians of their planets. He's a male soldier- therefor he's a senshi.

All Sailors are Females (since that's part of the whole Sailor collars they're sailors) but all special starseeds can be Senshi. As in warriors. Because that's what senshi is.

Sailor Galaxia was never said to be royal anything- neither were Chi or Phi or Lethe and Mneysthome (gods I can never spell that girl's name right). Since none of them are Animates. (they don't have 'Iron or something like a three part name-ie Sailor Iron Mouse). I think they're like what happened to the Sol Senshi when their Starseeds were taken.

Mamoru's Starseed was taken because it's a 'sailor' crystal(special starseed) making him a Sailor senshi (minus the sailor collar.). Other wise he'd be like Phobos and demios or Luna and Artemis who are support too, but they do not have special starseeds but they do have the potential for it.
Yet, their starseeds were never taken, but his was at the very beinging and Galaxia only has use for -sailor- crystals. So why would she need his if he's not considered at a status equaled to that of a Sailor senshi? After all she would not want less and the Golden Crystal is considered to have a power -equaled- to the Silver Crystal.

Naoko also doesn't speak very good english either so when asked that question she gave the best possible answer that can be translated into english.

1. All SAILOR senshi seem to be females, but Tuxedo Kamen doesn't have 'Sailor' in his title (then again, he doesn't have 'knight' in his title, so I'm wondering where that thing came from.

2. Okay, we've established princess/princedom is out. Thanks.

3. ~Alescha~, apparently you haven't been checking out many doujinshis. Many of the most popular ones are hentais. To still abide by TOS, most doujinshis are about people growing 'boy parts' or Hotaru and her dad having sex. The less popular ones are considered 'plain' that stick to mere lesbian scenes and the least popular of those contain canonic lesbians

4. However, I may use the last suggestion in my story  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:27 am
Mamoru is still the same ranking as the rest of the Sailor Senshi.

Why? because he has a planet (a heavenly body ie planet, astreoid and such) and he is the guardian. That's why he has a Sailor Crystal. If you ever see in any and all versions of the Stars you can see how Sailor Galaxia treats his starseed.

She has a superiority complex.

Why would -she- lower her standards to a less powerful starseed? She treats Mamoru's Starseed with equal revernce as she does with the Inners and outers's starseed.

So, he's not a knight. He has a sailor crystal= makes him part of the senshi team.

He just happens to not wear a skirt.

The refernce to the 'Sailor' part is due to the Sailor collars. If anything we can count his cape as a 'sailor collar'. But he doesn't need the title 'Sailor'.

Think of it this way as they say in the SuperS part of the comics.

Mamoru's crystal has equal power to Usagi's crystal. They're suppose to protect earth with both. Mamoru from the inside and USagi from the outside.

*this is why I consider him part of the Sailor Senshi with equal ranking.*

That and I believe there are a lot of plot holes in the story of Sailor Moon and Sailor V.

It happens. When a writer is writing things- they don't see the plot holes. Adn as they're going along they may forget what they have said before and things get changed.

Soooo~ if you don't reread your work while your writing your stuff you may find you have some unexplainable things as well.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Fanfiction & Fanart

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers