Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
homosexuality Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sora987

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:00 pm
I never could understand why so many people give gay couples such a hard time. It pisses me off really. Everyone always talks about how important it is to live your life in a way that you'll be happy and don't feel like you have follow the crowd. So why is it that people who live different than others get discriminated against for it? It's total bullshit that they're banning gay marriage in several states.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:02 pm
sora987
I never could understand why so many people give gay couples such a hard time. It pisses me off really. Everyone always talks about how important it is to live your life in a way that you'll be happy and don't feel like you have follow the crowd. So why is it that people who live different than others get discriminated against for it? It's total bullshit that they're banning gay marriage in several states.

I wholeheartedly agree.

It's like some of the people I know. They tell me that "People should live their lives to the fullest extent and do whatever it is that makes them happy." or something along those lines. Then at the very end I ask them "So that applies to people who are homosexual as well?" The answer I get is usually something like "Gays don't deserve rights. Especially marriage. Gays don't deserve to be happy, they deserve to rot in hell for their blasphemy against the Lord." That's the point where I come close to beating them upside the head with a baseball bat for being a bunch of stupid hypocrites  

Arios V

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:14 pm
sora987

The thing about society is that when it says "Be creative" it really means "Conform!" and when it says be "Different' it really means "Be the same."

It's a bit odd, really.

Live different means, live the same as others. Although I think many people are so hard on homosexuals because of envy. They envy them...or at least that is how I see it.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:10 pm
Christianity says that homosexuality is blasphemy, that homosexuals should burn in hell.

In my opinion; Christianity is the most hypocritical, biased, violent, prejudiced and mindless religion that has ever infected this world.

When I was studying WW2 in History, and we had just spoken about all the terrible things Hitler had done, I thought to myself; "Was Hitler a Christian? He seemed to act like one."

Of course he wasn't a Christian, but if you think about it they have a lot in common. Discriminating, making ridiculous claims etc.  

-CarelessMemories-

7,550 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Nudist Colony 200

Six Billion of Spades

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:48 pm
Arios V
Semper Fiasco
Election Day 2006. My state decides to pass an official ban on gay marriage. So I'm also expecting the anti-sterile-marriage bill soon. Or - who knows - maybe even an anti-divorce proposition. Unlike homosexuals, divorce has a Marriage Destruction Ratio (MDR) of approximately 99.9%. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think even the state of California could compete with that.

The whole idea of "civil unions" bothers me as well. Same benefits as marriage, only not quite a marriage? It's like a graduation ceremony where you walk across the stage to be recognized, only to walk away without a diploma. Why? Because your eyes were blue, and they were looking for green.

You live in Virginia don't you? I know Virginia did that.

Actually, I'm in South Carolina. And yeah, I also heard my fair share on Virginia's version of the bill. I'm just waiting for the Christians to start taking their beliefs seriously and discriminate against barbers, pork eaters, and shrimp fishermen.

Interestingly enough, the divorce rate in Massachusetts (the only state with pro-gay marriage laws) has been consistently lower than that of most other states. Wonder what neo-cons can say about that.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:35 pm
To an extent, the Queer community segregate themselves, and like separatist feminism, I believe this achieves nothing. But when there is so little room for movement with all these religious nuts running around telling them they can't be who they are...I see why I can't blame them.  

Garland-Briggs

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:28 pm
Ah, the self-proclaimed defenders of the sanctity of marriage.

I, along with the majority of my friends, have divorced parents. There are inner-city kids who don't have fathers, because of one-night stands sans condoms. There are kids with parents who are still married, but have never met their deadbeat fathers. Polygamy still exists in certain places of the country. Perhaps the most disturbing of all, spousal abuse is a real, everyday occurence, and many women who are not even in the relationship any longer still suffer lingering psychological trauma.

I guess nobody told them that the "sanctity of marriage" is an all-encompassing term.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:52 pm
Semper Fiasco
Arios V
Semper Fiasco
Election Day 2006. My state decides to pass an official ban on gay marriage. So I'm also expecting the anti-sterile-marriage bill soon. Or - who knows - maybe even an anti-divorce proposition. Unlike homosexuals, divorce has a Marriage Destruction Ratio (MDR) of approximately 99.9%. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think even the state of California could compete with that.

The whole idea of "civil unions" bothers me as well. Same benefits as marriage, only not quite a marriage? It's like a graduation ceremony where you walk across the stage to be recognized, only to walk away without a diploma. Why? Because your eyes were blue, and they were looking for green.

You live in Virginia don't you? I know Virginia did that.

Actually, I'm in South Carolina. And yeah, I also heard my fair share on Virginia's version of the bill. I'm just waiting for the Christians to start taking their beliefs seriously and discriminate against barbers, pork eaters, and shrimp fishermen.

Interestingly enough, the divorce rate in Massachusetts (the only state with pro-gay marriage laws) has been consistently lower than that of most other states. Wonder what neo-cons can say about that.

It should be interesting to see how they would discriminate against Barbers, Pork eaters and Shrimp Fishermen.

Well, let's ask Mitt Romney about that. Remember, he happens to be the Governor (or former governor, I don't remember) of Massachusetts.  

Arios V

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces