Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply RP Haven
NEW! Sword of Truth Roleplay! SLOWLY BEING UPDATED! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calintz the Doppelganger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:26 pm
Calintz nodded and started toward a stool, off to the side. He pulled out a clean roll of bandage. He tried to also carry one on him at all times. He then set to work on bandaging his wound. After he had tied the bandage off he nodded to Darken and slipped back outside. He waved toward Amon, then told him what Darken had said. They both spilt up and started to drag bodies to one place, throwing them on top of each other. Afterwards they talked with each other and added together the numbers they had counted. He had been unable to find any written orders, but had found the same type of currency marks with each man. “Have you ever seen this type of mark?” He asked Amon at one point, holding up a coin.

Calintz had also noted that their weapons were not well crafted, they appeared homemade. He had also collected a few insignias, though he had never seen them before either. They looked the same, though two appeared to be made of gold and six appeared to be made of silver. Both looked like a burning torch, though the gold ones surely meant someone of higher rank. He turned to Amon and showed him the insignias. “I’ve only been about to find a few coins and some insignias, both I know nothing about.” He said. “Have you found anything interesting?” He asked. “We’re done too it appears, let’s head back to Darken and report.” He added.

((How many soldiers should we say were there? Oh, and I'm about to call Amon, I bet he doesn't know the RP has started moving again.))  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:06 am
((I don't know, I know Hack got atleast 4, Zedd killed maybe 15. Together, you and Amon probably got 20-25. I don't know how many Darken got, but Mouse/Gar/Wolf-guy got maybe 10 and one Sorceress. So that's around 50-60?))

Zedd frowned more and more as he went through the bodies. He had collected some coins from the soldiers, but had never before seen the markings on them. The writing was foreign as well. There was nothing more than the few odd coins and weapons on the soldiers, so he moved on. What he really wnated to see was the Sorceress that the gar had taken out.

Zedd realized that he felt the presence of someone or something up in a tree not too far ahead. Cautiously, he proceeded, getting closer. He cursed under his breath when he stepped on a small twig that snapped under his heel. The thing in the tree moved. Using his gift, he heard it mutter some words that he didn't recognize and then the being that he sensed changed. It was a weird feeling to witness through the gift, that actual shape-shifting of a being into something completely different in every way.

Before it could either attack or escape, Zedd threw his arms out and forest lit in a brilliant green flash. The creature that had been up in the tree fell to the ground, completely paralyzed. It's surprised eyes locked in position, looking up from the ground.

Zedd leaned over it and held up his hand. A small flame appeared, casting a warm glow and illuminating the area around them. "Well, well. And who might you be? You know, I don't believe that you are a wild animal." Zedd put the tip of his finger on the top of the animals head. As the magic trickled down through him, his body changed back into the person that Zedd had detected up in the tree. His wide eyes still staring straight up. "And do you know what else i think? I think you don't mean to harm us." Zedd let go of the spell around him, keeping him frozen in place. He watched as the person slackened and then got to his feet.  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

Nicolai the Necromancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:47 pm
(I think that's about right, could be enough for a small attack like Darken Rahl tried using the farmers in book 1 before Richard, Kahlan, and Zedd left for Chase's house to get help getting to the opening in the boundary; that's my thought anyway. It's not all that impropable, if you remember the army of 50,000 from within the New World that fought for the Imperial Order in book 2, it's possible an attack like that could happen)

Yondaime saw the figure's arms go up and managed to finish his chant, changing himself into another wolf but smaller, more useful for speed instead of fighting. He was not prepared for whatever it was that knocked him to the ground and stunned him, preventing him from moving. He was as surprised as he had been to see the fire ball made from the woman he had killed as a gar, but this time he couldn't fight back.

He listened to the figure speak, he couldn't see whatever it was talking to him because his eyes were still showing him blinking lights from whatever magic was used on him, but he could make out that there was onluyone figure. Yondaime couldn't understand all the words he heard, as many times as it would have helped him, his ability to change took away his understanding of languages to the point it was barely usable. Ever more surprising was that the figure turned him back into his human form, "What!? How did this thing change me back!?" he asked himself, not knowing the answer or giving much thought to finding out. He was sure he would die any moment now.

That last words the figure said, he understood. He slackened to were he would be on his right knee with his right arm on top for support, his left knee was to the ground, as he looked at the figure he now knew to be a man. Yondaime tried to spring at the man but some force held him back from doing so. He shook his head in defeat, "If you are with those others who tried to attack a few minutes ago, then kill me now. If you are not, then you're right, I mean you no harm." he said then back at the man, "I don't see many people carring weapons or using magic around here, unless those D'Haran troops at that settlement other there," he pointed with his left hand toward the way station, "Are you a follower of the Lord Rahl I hear about? Or are you a healer come to see the sick soldiers?" he asked.

He lived only a mile or two from the station and sometimes talked with the guards there, none of them knew he lived so close. He only came to the station in need of supplies he could not get himself, and that was rare except for in the fall and winter times. He had found out about the sick soldiers while he was looking into the noises he heard from before he encountered the charging army and magic woman.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:05 am
Zeke frowned, distaste obvious. "Zeke the Merciful." he repeated. Raising his glare to meet her eyes, her body was wracked with pain again, just enough to torture her, and still have her hear his words. "My father was betrayed because he was so just. I am Zeke the Punisher, fist of vengenace sent to get revenge for Jagangs wrongful death. I will not be merciful." he told her, slowly increasing the pain. "I will hang Victor from a pole and let the crows eat him still living. The rest of these people will be lashed, each a hundred times. Then they shall leave and tell how I was merciful, to let them off so easy." he said, and glanced at a guard near him, letting him know he should begin on that course.

Focusing his gaze back on Sarah, he released her from the pain. "I will give no mercy to anyone, Sarah, and you shall never suggest such a thing again. If you do, I will be short one Sister of the Dark." he finished.

Zeke Lanistter

Nicolai the Necromancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:17 am
Over the pain of Zeke's power, Sarah could just barely hear him over what she thought were her screams. When the pain intensified, she couldn't hear anything. Not that this was adnormal, out of all the Sisters Sarah was the biggest thorn in the Horde. She openly spoke to soldiers, gifted, and even the suppliers in the army with little fear of Zeke seeing what was going on, not once did she speak against the Horde rather she tried to make the living conditions better. She sometimes was called the Caretaker. After all, she was use to the conforts of being a Sister of the Light then Dark, why not improve the camp to better fit the conforts she was use to?

When Zeke was finally done torminting her, Sarah's legs gave way and she fell to her knees, her vision blurry and unaware of her surroundings. She looked up at the closest blur, at this point she could hear what was being said like it was being whispered to her from a distance of several feet, and only said "As you wish, Emperor," before she fell onto the ground unconscious.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:18 am
Zeke sighed, irritated. Calling over a Sister of the Light, he gave orders that Sarah be healed. Much like Jagang had Nicci, so did Zeke have Sarah, a woman he felt for but for reasons he couldn't fathom tortured endlessly. Still, when he knocked her unconcious, he always had a sister make sure she was alright.

Leaving the sorceress to examine Sarah, he walked the line of people she had been leading, as guards began the job of the lashes. Seeing a young child being grabbed, he stalked over, grabbing the mans arm as he raised the heavy whip. "Are you an idiot?" he hissed at the man, who happened to be the ranking officer in the area. "Surely even one as thick as you can see a child this young can have done nothing against the Horde. Release him, and the other children. Give them into Sarah's care, if the parents die. Never harm them." he ordered heatedly. Even if he was a hard, and sometimes cruel man, he did have a heart. He would not watch a child be beat for crimes he did not commit.

((lol, needed to redeem Zeke a little bit. I am making him quite evil in most respects.))  

Zeke Lanistter

Nicolai the Necromancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:36 am
(lol, it's understandable, most people don't let their enemies see their weakness)

As the pain faded, Sarah opened her eyes a little to see a Sister of the Light kneeling over her, hands out as though she were using her gift to heal. "Sister Amber?" Sarah asked, the woman nodded as she smiled her relief that Sarah was not hurt badly. All the gifted of the Horde knew the pain a dream walker could inflict, it was like a test they had to go through if they wished to live.
-------
"I'm glad to see you're alright Sister Sarah," Sister Amber started, "His Excellentcy asked me heal you after you collapsed onto the ground," she said as she finished her work. Sister Amber helped Sarah onto her feet, "You were out for a good amount of time. Those people you were leading have been taken away and are inside the camp now, waiting for His Exellentcy to decide their fate," she informed.
-------
Sarah sighed at hearing what happened, "I see, thank you for your help Sister Amber," she said as she and the Sister walked together back to the emperor's tent. The two merely chatted like other women would on their way back, even though they were enemies, in the control of a dream walker these enemies knew a fight would be meaningless. When the two arrived Sister Amber left to rejoin her Sisters as Sarah entered the emperor's tent. There was only one tent, the stragegy for taking Altur'Rang was to place soldiers inside the city and make it look like there was only a circus coming, no one would have thought an army was waiting. With Altur'Rang, the army would surely multiply.

Normally a Sister entering the emperos's tent wouldn't be asked any questions, but in Sarah's case she was always greeted by questions and reports about the condition of things. The latest was if or not there could be a celebration for the taking of Altur'Rang. She sighed as she considered how she would ask Zeke about it, "I'll speak to His Excellentcy about it, but keep it under control. This is the Imperial Horde, not the Imperial Party," she said, the people laughed at the joke a moment then let her pass without any more questions.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:21 am
Zeke sighed as he entered his tent. He had left orders for any citizen thought to have helped in the uprising against his father beaten, and anyone resisting killed. The others would be assigned there jobs and such on the following morning, except for the men able to fight. They were immediatley recruited, or put to death, per his orders. Now that the wheels were in motion for his second strike, he needed some sleep.

Walking towards the back of the room and his bed, he saw Sister Sarah, up and about. Stopping, he tapped her shoulder. "I am sorry, Sister Sarah. I am simply aggravated with this town, and took out my frustrations on you." he told her. He did not like what he sometimes did to Sarah. He cared not what he did to others, in fact enjoyed it, but he hated when he lost control and tortured Sarah.

Zeke Lanistter

Nicolai the Necromancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:05 am
Sarah turned around to face Zeke when he tapped her shoulder and listened to his words. She shook her head in frustration then looked at him again, "It's alright, I feel worse for the other Sisters here, and you don't need to call me by title Your Excellentcy. I gave up on that a few years back, you can just call me Sarah," she replied then crusiated politely. She straightened and held up two fingers, "Two pieces of business before you return to your bed Your Excellentcy: first, a few of the troops asked me if I would request a celebration for the taking of Altur'Rang and the beginning of your reign as Emperor of the Old World, would you allow a party to take place?" she reported, took a breath, and continued, "Second, Sister Amber informed me that orphans were being taken to my tent. I would like to request two chefs and a few nannies to help me care for them," she finished and took another breath.

Even though most of the Sisters of the Dark wouldn't take care of orphans or any children unless forced to, Sarah didn't ask questions. She was happy to take the brief to live like a normal woman, a mother even; she even looked after the children fathered within the Horde. Sarah couldn't have children of her own for some reason, this was found out before the Horde captured her and the other Sisters. She had often spared some of the captives who were to be killed by saying she needed more help caring for the young.

She let out her breath and looked Zeke in the eyes, "Before I forget, maybe we should leave that Victor person alive, at least until he will teach others of what his craft. Very few of our craftsmen can make the needed materials for long-time use weaponary," she suggested. Though she knew Zeke was determinded to have Victor put to death, it would be a waste of talent if he was sent to the Keeper before he could pass on his knowledge.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:30 am
Zeke nodded. "Yes. He must teach another to work as he does, because his skill is required for the palace." he said, smiling. He had decided, standing in its ruins, to finish The Retreat, his fathers grand palace in Altur'rang. "Also, chefs and nannies granted. You may have your pick of officers chefs, and local women, for the postions." he added. He always tried to make up for what he did to Sarah, by giving her what she wanted. Of course, it sometimes made him think she forced him to hurt her because of this, but he was never sure.

"About the party, denied. Tell the men that when we have taken the People Palace in D'hara, we can drink and have a party." he told her, frowning. This was not a time of joy, it was simply a job that had to be done.

Zeke Lanistter

Nicolai the Necromancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:45 pm
Sarah bowed, "Very well Your Excellentcy, I will inform the men, see to new orphans under my care, and other things," she said then straightened again, "If you require my services please let me," she said then started toward the way out of the tent. She sighed when she was out of ear shot of Zeke, these arguments were only getting her hurt and to no goal, she had to learn to be more agreeable like the other Sisters. Although she knew the troops would be a bit upset to learn their request for a party was denied, Sarah had figured it would be anyway. This Imperial army was less chaotic than the first, the only similarity had to be the use of women, and even that was not completely the same.

As she made her way back to the opening of the tent, Sarah had planned how to tell the men. She always went over how to tell the people in the Horde things, whether they be questions, answers, or reports. When she arrived outside she saw that the area was still as busy as it was before she entered the tent, even the generals she meant were still there giving orders to the other troops. She approached one of them and stepped in front of him, they greeted and she started her report, "His Excellentcy says that there may be no victory celebration until the Imperial Horde has captured the hearts of the New World: the People's Palance and the Confessors' Palance." the general nodded and promised to inform the others later during the day.

With her report to the general given, Sarah made her way toward the holding area where the chefs, doctors, nurses, and other non-military personel stayed. She was given two chefs who had worked for the Horde since it was formed and three nannies who were captured when Altur'Rang was taken. Sarah led the chefs and nannies to another tent and told them what to do, "The children will need three meals a day and you will need to find out if any can't eat certain foods or drinks," she informed the chefs and sent them to their work, then turned to the nannies, "See to it that the children are in good health, if any of them get sick you are to take them to one of the doctors," she said and let them depart to go to their work.

After the nannies had left, Sarah walked to where she knew the orphans were. She was greeted by little, smiling childrens ranging from five to thirteen years of age, the new ones were in only followed the others. She smiled, "Good afternoon, I am Sarah Moonbrook and I am pleased to meet you all," she said in a sweet voice, "I am sorry for this change in your life but it is better than other possible outcomes. Here in the Imperial Horde, we will see to your well being and watch over you until we can find a suttable home for you. I only hope you don't get hurt while we're moving," she said and stayed in the area with them. She didn't have anything else to do anyway, so she went about answering questions the children asked and playing with them using an old Ja'La ball one of them had brought into the camp. She couldn't believe people still played the game until she held the ball in her hands, it wasn't as rough as it should be.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:40 pm
"I am First Wizard Zeddicus Zorander. I am the great-grandfather of the Lord Rahl. As a wizard, i am also a healer - of sorts. So, yes and no to both questions." Zedd lended the young lad a hand and helped him up. The boy looked more than a little flustered, but didn't look like he was going to try and attack again. Zedd smiled down at him. " That's a neat little trick you have there. A rare talent to be able to do what you can do. One of many things i would like to question you about, but now is not the time." Zedd gestured with his hand to the direction of the sorceress. "Come. Show me the sorceress you killed. It is very important that we find out who she is, where she came from, and her intentions."

Zedd walked back out into the clearing with the shape-changer following closely behind him. Zedd looked down at the gold coin in his hand. He rolled it back and forth, flipping it over and then back, examining the markings. He had never before seen anything like them. On one side was what looked like two pyramids facing each other. On top was something that was difficult to make out, but it looked like a small person in a little pavilion. It was clear that there was amgic about the two figures on top of the pyramids.

On the other side of the coin was a symbol he had also never seen before. What was odd about it, was that it, though there was no real resemblance, reminded him of the Grace. He felt oddly as though it somehow represented the the World of Life and the Underworld in a way different. In a way that he could only explain as a different perspective of the world. In the back of his mind, he considered how it mgiht be connected to the language Hack had spoken back in the Keep.

He pocketed the coin and looked back at the boy. "Lead the way."  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

Nicolai the Necromancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:45 pm
(Got some news: Calintz is having computer trouble, I don't know if or not Amon even has a computer now, and my internet service is has a MB limit then it gets really slow)

Yondaime looked around at his surrounding as he followed the old man. This wizard, as the magic man called himself, could easily kill Yondaime should he try to attack or escape, so, instead of asking for death, he decided to introduce himself, "My name is Yondaime. I am a banished member of the Majendie, and that talent, as you called it, is the reason I was banished," he said then stopped, "And I don't believe I have a choice but to do as you say," he added.

He looked back at the tree he was knocked out of, then back to wizard, "The magic woman is over there," he pointed with his right hand over at the body of the woman, it was farther away than the soldiers. "What do you mean about what her intentions? Was she not trying to capture a magic boy to take back to her... what did they call themselves? Sisters?," he asked rubbing his eyes with his left hand. He was tired from the interuptions during the night.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:24 am
ok so this is my first RP. and I have a Keep Warden character if anyone wants to use it,

Name: Dak'kon
Race: Githzerai
Height:6'5"
Weight: 150 lbs
Eyes: Shifting back orbs
Hair: Bald
Build: thin but well defined muscles
Misc Description: Quite, but very wize, He is also the last of his kind, He also has a inate ablility to resist Slides and Dreamwalkers. He is also able to summon a pack of attack dogs.
Profession: currently a Keep Warden
Background: Born in Aydindril. He was raised in The Wizards Keep, at age seven he was found to have the calling for both sides of the gift. At age 14 he was given his fathers Zerth Blade. A blade that he can control with his mind to form into many weapons. Besides his Zerth Blade he always carries 16 throwing knives on his person, He also carries two swords, The Sword of Wh'Ynn and The Eviscerator across his back, He also carries a bow he calles "The Widowmaker". He also played a big part in The war against Panis Rahl. He was Known as the Copycat Wizard, a genuis second only to "The wind of Death" at killing D'Harans and reversing D'Haran magic. After the war he traveled around the midlands until Darkan Rahl attacked, then he faught along side of the midlands against D'Hara, then he lead a small company of troops down in the Old World and burned Jangangs food convoys.

so tell me what you think of my character. biggrin  

TenzoSenpai

RP Haven

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas