Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Proof...what is good enough? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xiporah

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:21 am
Completely off topic, I know, but I have that dragon picture somewhere at home. heart  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:42 pm
Xiporah
Completely off topic, I know, but I have that dragon picture somewhere at home. heart

I know it comes out as a poster somewhere...but I can't find it! crying

Sanguvixen

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:01 pm
Nopenname
Theophrastus
Descartes runs in and throws a wrench in things like proof, truth and reality! Bwee hee!

The only thing that Descartes can "PROVE" is that he exists.

He clears one square foot of land for himself alone to stand on and then attempts to hold the entire world, dieties included on his own shoulders like atlas.

Any arguements fielded from outside his tiny universe in which he only exists easily penetrate his rediculous set up. Only when you ASSUME what he says and that the way he sets up his mathematically based universe is true, and then only ask questions from within those paramaters can anything he says be valid.

That being said. The clouds would have to open up and the diety would have to ascend from the sky before me while I could be proven to be lucid XD.

Hey, now, I wasn't advocating his point of view. Just a fun study in proof. Related: Kt45 has a video on Youtube called "Christians are Skeptics" or some such. A little clumsy in its presentation, but a fine point. No matter who one is, once they become convinced, the amount of "proof" required to counteract that point becomes absurd.

I don't wholly agree with that thought, but it's an interesting idea.  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:26 pm
I had a chat with God about proving his existence. The talk went like this.
"I refuse to prove I exist," Says God, "for proof denies faith and with out faith I am nothing." "But," I said, "this chat is proof you exist, therefore you don't." "Oh my, I hadn't thought of that." God promptly vanishes in a puff of logic. I went on to prove that black is white and I was attacked a zebra crossing.

A quote on quote from HG2G.  

God of lunchboxes

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas