Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:38 am
Do you have any tips for this game for guild members that might want to play it? There is a GBA version and a NES Version.

The tips I have for the NES version is, the last three cards of any N house is Mushroom, flower, star.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:21 pm
OMG, no one has played Super Mario 3? Am I that old?  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

KTS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:11 am
Flutes are your best friend the game is hard though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:00 am
Yes, the game is hard, but where do you find these flutes? I hear there is one that is a back flute!

I wonder if anyone has ever tried actually playing it level by level. Like, beating it without the usage of whistles or cheats?

(The game would seem impossible then, but... I wonder how much fun it would be then.)  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

KTS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:33 am
Watch the Wizard(a movie with Video games) to find one of the flutes, I don't know how to get a second flute.

Like you I don't know where all the flutes are at but all you need is two to go to the last level.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:10 pm
I love that movie called "The Wizard"! It stars Fred Savage and his RL younger brother. His younger brother in the movie is this quiet dude who rarely talks, but he is awesome at video games.

Perhaps this character is a lot like me in the sense that I know of a world filled with anime characters and video game characters, and yet, in a way, I am just the opposite of the character from the movie in the sense that I never shut up when I should.

The Super Mario 3 game was the final game "The Wizard" played on the movie.

One of the great things about this thread is that these experienced tips aren't just for me, but for anybody who has the game and needs a little help with something specific.

Instead of having a million page walkthrough, you can find your answer by looking at the one spot, here.

So far, we informed everybody in this guild that there is a movie that features this game "Super Mario 3" and is recommended by the captain and one member to watch.

We also informed everybody that you can use whistles to go to the advanced levels faster, but I find that it would be killer awesome to try and not warp. It would just be more of a challenge is all if you didn't warp.

Now, let me ask... in World 1-1, what secrets can we find there by experience?

The only one that I know of deals with the turtle Troopa's and that if you hit one and line it up with 5 more, you can get an extra mario.  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

KTS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:32 pm
a P switch, and one pipe that you can go through I think this is all on Level 1.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:56 pm
Isn't the benefit of a P switch to turning all bricks into coins? And the elusive pipes "your best friend" to getting to the end of the level faster?  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

KTS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:01 pm
empress dee
Isn't the benefit of a P switch to turning all bricks into coins? And the elusive pipes "your best friend" to getting to the end of the level faster?
not in this game they do have stuff in them though. Like Coins, Frog Suit, and Tanooki Suit.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:29 pm
Wait, I think there are pipes that do that in the game. The ones with the coins can move you closer to the goal.

In world 3, the water level, you need those pipes, a set of matching ones to get you to the end for the level is totally underwater. The frog suit is beneficial strictly for that level, and it allows Mario to jump higher than normal. If one had the frog suit and used a back whistle to go to level one, you could literally jump your way to certain places.

Isn't it true that when you reach the giant castles where Bowser's kids have the Princess locked away that there is a letter?

In the first one you get a P wing where Mario can have forever fly till the end of the level. That would be useful for level 3 where you should go underwater and you may skip the entire underwater part and just fly to the end of it.  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

18. Video Gaming HQ - Video game discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas