Recent Drawing (critique plz!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

4a5dgfad

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:01 pm
User Image
yeah sorry guys, i dont plan on coloring it, i just drew this in class cuz i was bored....yeah but my schedule is also hectic so i dont have time...  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:12 pm
its kind of blurry but the girls arm seems to be a bit on the long side.
and their feet need to be bigger. You should read up on anatomy as far as sizes and lengths are concerned.

You do have talent tho so keep on keeping on!  

Aiya Spiritweaver

4a5dgfad

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:00 pm
thanx for the comment! will do  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:11 pm
thats awesome  

nite elf

Aidanne

6,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:08 pm
its good  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:06 pm
Nice! ^^ It just looks like the female has long thighs. ^^;  

Lorit_Metallium

4a5dgfad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:53 pm
thank u guys for the comments...ill try to fix the anatomy on my drawings a bit...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:48 am
hey people's, do you happen to know where to find a tutorial in coloring? like ways to color where it doesn't looks so flat, like how i colored in photoshop before...yeah i use photoshop, so if any sites on coloring with photoshop (not just using hue saturation i noe how to do that) around, then PM me please  

4a5dgfad

miharu_hime

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:56 pm
coloring tut: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/27544088/?qo=8&q=by:getty&qh=sort:time+-in:scraps
too skinny! especially around the hips, thighs, and arms
the girl's elbow is too curved, making it look like she doesn't have bones there.
hope it helps~ keep at it~  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:37 pm
lol ok thanx wink  

4a5dgfad

azikiel

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:53 pm
cool! I like it.. you have to practice further more..  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:01 am
It's not bad for what it is, but did you think about the composition completely before starting? This pose obscures the important facial features of both characters.

If, for example, you had them rotated about 3/4 to the left, you could have the girl standing more to the front, with the guy looking over her shoulder, and catch both their faces for the viewer.

Your form seems good though, just remember that pre-planning is the key to good drawing. Visualize the entire result before you even start, and you'll be able to put some excellent compositions together.  

KiyoshiKyokai

4a5dgfad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:41 pm
I myself can't ever do faces well whenever i draw the body first off...im an ameteur i know, but i always tend to draw a complete face first before drawing the body, and i did it backwards this time. i intentionally had it so their faces weren't showing, you know, as a sort of effect, like as if they felt unfamiliar with each other...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:57 am
This is pretty good biggrin
You have allot of potential. My advice is to practice hands and feet rather than trying to obscure them. Allot of beginning artists do this (including myself when I was younger biggrin ). The way I see it, even if the hands come out weird or funky, your still practicing them.

Keep up the good work domokun  

Auction

The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces