Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply The Supernatural and Paranormal Network
My niece confided in me...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it hereditary to experience paranormal phenominons?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
  No Clue
View Results

XCactus123X

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:32 pm
So, I was hanging out with my niece last night and we were walking down my driveway to see if we could hear the music that we were playing (we were having a small get together with friends), when she asks me "Aunt Brittany, how's come I can see people that other people can't?" This, startling me yet oddly intriguing to me as well, I asked her to elaborate a little more. She then described some of my relatives from the past (of whom she barely knew or never got to meet), then (because I am slightly psychic myself) she described the little boy of whom I was getting a mental picture of and she knew exactly where he was as well (I'm slightly empathic and I felt his energy but didn't tell her that and she pin-pointed the exact location of him). This brings up the question is having paranormal activity and psychic "powers" a hereditary thing? You have no idea how releaved and happy I was that she told me that and trusted me with that information. She also said that what she was seeing was possibly a gift from God, as repayment for her own vision being not that great. She's an amazing little girl and I'm proud of her, no doubt. Let me know what you guys think of this whole situation.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:40 am
Well, I like the idea of it being a gift from God. Then again, if it is that, it's not likely to run in the family.
I guess if it's based on genetics, it's possible it could run in the family and things. biggrin
I find it quite amazing that she was able to describe the same person as you have seen. this does sort of alter my views as a skeptic.

Lord Jagged
Captain

XCactus123X

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:31 pm
I know what you mean, I mean I am psychic but I am a skeptic about it myself because I doubt other peoples' abilities due to the fact that there is no definate proof. I was completely blown away though when she described that boy... then the other day we were at the park and I felt like something was weighing my head down. She then tells me (after I was thinking that my head felt heavy) that the little boy came with her and that his pet cat was sitting on my head! I kind of laughed it off but as soon as she said then that then my head felt lighter and then she was like "wait... nevermind what I just said" and went back to playing. I'm still slightly skeptic about the whole cat incident, but it was rather odd how that worked out...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:46 am
i luv stories about when kids can see ghots. they're cute and yet eerie at the same time. it's very sweet that she told you that and she trusted you! i'm probably also the most psychic person or the one with the strongest 6th sense in my family, too. i'm 13. does that count as being a kid still? but anyway i don't usually actually SEE people who are dead but a lot of times i can sense them and cath glimpses out of the corner of my eye. i heard children are more attune to ghosts and stuff than older people. i hope she keeps that gift it's kinda creepy for me even when i can't even see them so she might have a hard time but seriously she is blessed with that! i don't believe in god anymore (i think he left this world a long time ago...) or atleast not very much. SLIGHT faith but not really, but i thin that she somehow got a blessing  

The_Brightest_Moon

Golden Clogs

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:53 am
Aww thats so cute!![the first story]and the second one is funny..but still cute! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:42 pm
i think it is possible for psycic abilities to run in the family because my mother has '6th' sense and me and my sister have visions and can sense things others can't, and my step dad and my mother got married and my little brother was born and everyone's dreams kept gettign weirder and them my little brother started having dreams that small babies shouldn't be having so yeah i really think these things can be hereditary!  

jaxnteller

Mega Fatcat

8,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

QUE_SAGE

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:03 pm
it is hereditary, since we are all related, if you go back far enough *grin*. In my experience, All have the gift but it is stronger in some than others, although all may develop these gifts and talents.... it seems to be more prevelent in families that accept these as natural and then there are those who are exceptions.....  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:00 am
QUE_SAGE
it is hereditary, since we are all related, if you go back far enough *grin*. In my experience, All have the gift but it is stronger in some than others, although all may develop these gifts and talents.... it seems to be more prevelent in families that accept these as natural and then there are those who are exceptions.....

A very good point made here.

On my dad's side of the family (Native American) you're likely to get razzed if you HAVEN'T seen a ghost. It's considered natural and I still remember getting the 'talk' about what to do if I get harrased by them.
Even so, his family line is still considered quite strong in these areas compared to other families.

I guess what I really mean to say is that I agree with QUE_SAGE about everybody having it. In my opinion the hereditary part might just be how strong the ability naturally is. But there are the exceptions, as also noted.

It's good that she confided in you. I'll be interested to hear if the boy you speak of follows her around furthur.  

I. L. Malphas

neighley haynes

3,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:52 am
maybe she has highly sharper senses than others and can sense spirits more easily?

btw what is hereditary? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:50 pm
the lolinator
maybe she has highly sharper senses than others and can sense spirits more easily?

btw what is hereditary? sweatdrop
it means being related by genetics  

deadtothecold
Crew

Mysterious Green Rabbit

Dapper Genius

4,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:19 pm
Quite possibly, I think the parts of the brain that humans don't use could be used more by others than some, it could just be a qwirk in the genes or hereditary.

Plus, I get flashes of images sometimes, things I've never seen before. They're really quick, but they are clear. o-o Would this be similar to you seeing this little boy?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:08 pm
Well I personally think its heretitary(sp) I only think that because, I have an "underdeveloped" 6th sence per-say and my great grandmother on my moms side had it and my grandmother on my dads side has it too, so I think it runs in the family, and you should be proud of your neice, not only for opening up to you about it, but actually having the "power" in the first place  

Snicketfile2014

6,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200

Mysterious Green Rabbit

Dapper Genius

4,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:45 am
And as super strong as that. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:23 pm
r they like friends or something? biggrin tht would be cool.
my cousin. hes 6, he has a " frined" tht name starts with an A ( i frogt what it was) he always talks to him. so my aunt an uncle look in the baby name book. the name wasnt in there, but it sound like a ordinary name lik u cant make it up! but there best buddie! 3nodding he saw people in the bathroom mirror. ( my aunt told my family this!)
i could sense some paranormal stuff, but i dont sense it much anymore for some wierd reason =(  

watermoon2

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Team Jacob 100
The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items