Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Reading The Bible Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:47 pm
Haha, I had a copy of The Good News Bible that had pictures and was meant for children - it even had a painting of Adam and Even with a baby brontosaur (yes, brontosaur, the one that didn't exist).  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:03 am
Tenth Speed Writer
-CarelessMemories-
I know this is kinda off-topic, but you're my brother so you don't mind ^^

"Shut up or I'll rape the Bible." is the best thing to say if a Christian is pissing you off. I know its not really a clever thing to say, but its worth it to get the look on their face.

Yes, but dragging the conflict out isn't going to teach them to stop.

Teach by example, not by force.

I'm not trying to kick up a commotion, I just wanna make them cry.

I mean...

But seriously, say it to the right people and they don't mind too much. The look on their face only suggests that they think you're seriously perverted.

And I'm not saying I do it all the time, only when they're getting under my skin. Most of the time I'll put in my opinions until they have nothing to say.

I do have friends who are Christians, because I don't think you should judge people on their religion. Unless, of course, they start running at red-heads shouting "WITCH!!"  

-CarelessMemories-

7,550 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Nudist Colony 200

Dissnitive Blade

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:39 am
Theophrastus
Haha, I had a copy of The Good News Bible that had pictures and was meant for children - it even had a painting of Adam and Even with a baby brontosaur (yes, brontosaur, the one that didn't exist).

Now they are just desperate to reel them in young, next thing you know, it'll show Adam and Eve with a PS3.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:09 pm
-CarelessMemories-
Tenth Speed Writer
-CarelessMemories-
I know this is kinda off-topic, but you're my brother so you don't mind ^^

"Shut up or I'll rape the Bible." is the best thing to say if a Christian is pissing you off. I know its not really a clever thing to say, but its worth it to get the look on their face.

Yes, but dragging the conflict out isn't going to teach them to stop.

Teach by example, not by force.

I'm not trying to kick up a commotion, I just wanna make them cry.

I mean...

But seriously, say it to the right people and they don't mind too much. The look on their face only suggests that they think you're seriously perverted.

And I'm not saying I do it all the time, only when they're getting under my skin. Most of the time I'll put in my opinions until they have nothing to say.

I do have friends who are Christians, because I don't think you should judge people on their religion. Unless, of course, they start running at red-heads shouting "WITCH!!"

Huh.

I think my environment is getting to me if I just recommended that.

Try the "love thy enemies" bit, though. It works.  

Tenth Speed Writer

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:39 pm
murasame blade
Theophrastus

Now they are just desperate to reel them in young, next thing you know, it'll show Adam and Eve with a PS3.

Hah. Figures - a bloated, overpriced and controversial piece of hardware for a struggling empire. PS3 is to Sony Games as Bible is to Christianity.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:30 pm
Theophrastus
murasame blade
Theophrastus

Hah. Figures - a bloated, overpriced and controversial piece of hardware for a struggling empire. PS3 is to Sony Games as Bible is to Christianity.

haha, True true.  

Dissnitive Blade

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas