Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Reasons for atheists going after the Cristian religion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think I'm right ?
  yes
  No
View Results

SkeletonPhoenix

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:17 am
Reasons for atheists going after the Cristian religion. Cristian does't even deserve to be capitilized.

A. You badger us all the time for reasons unknown to us maybe it is out of your need to do what you believe is good but leave us alone.
B. You are the most contradictory religion on the face of this planet.
C. You Jerks are the biggest target and the easest to undermine yes I said UNDERMINE because you keep doing stupid stuff and because you keep making a fuss about us.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:21 am
Please if I frogot anything please add it.

P.S. To the Cristians the Future is US not YOU.  

SkeletonPhoenix

candycane elf

Eloquent Elocutionist

4,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:22 am
Rose tints my world......

I've never "gone after a Christian"and I usually never get into the conversation of religion at all, but when they come up to me and pester me im not going to be silent about it. I don't understand there reason behind converting all atheists to Christians is, if we don't bealive in your god then we go to hell, so what does it matter to you anyways? Its not like theres a point system god has, the more people you convert the better your place in heaven is! Of coarse, this doesn't apply to all Christians, theres a good number of them that are "you bealive what you want Ill bealive what I want" I just wish there was more like that.

I don't know about us being the future, alot people need some kind of "meaning" to there life, and without it there completely lost, so I think there will always be Christians. Athiests numbers are higher than in the past though.

...... keeps me safe from my trouble and pain.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:14 am
I only go after religious folk when they start talking about it, I used to bring it up but as soon as I turned eleven I realised how assholish that is. So I only go after extremists in a socially acceptable situation, like a forum.  

God of lunchboxes

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:16 pm
Ugh.

And you assume yourself to be better than the non-existent ones you hate so over-zealously and blindly?

Being an atheist doesn't give you the right to be an a*****e.

In fact, you barely have the right to claim yourself right.

I live amongst Christian folk of all ways and color, and not only is your crude generalization horridly inaccurate and uncalled for, most of these who you seem to lump in as lower life forms are probably kinder and more civilized than you are.

It's also spelled Christian  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:17 pm
Tenth Speed Writer
Ugh.

And you assume yourself to be better than the non-existent ones you hate so over-zealously and blindly?

I live amongst Christian folk of all ways and color, and not only is your crude generalization horridly inaccurate and uncalled for, most of these who you seem to lump in as lower life forms are probably kinder and more civilized than you are.

You said what I was thinking, haha.  

candycane elf

Eloquent Elocutionist

4,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Cirosan

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:50 pm
The pigs are walking! Once you start discriminating against others - even if they're your oppressors - you've become no better than them.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:42 pm
While I have never really gone after a Christian, I will fight back however, if they start insulting me because of my religion and after I give them a few polite warnings to stop. I do agree for the most part on why we "attack" them the most.

They are the biggest and most wide-spread religious groups. They usually pester us the most for our beliefs (well maybe not to you all, but to me they do).  

Arios V

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:35 pm
Tenth Speed Writer
Ugh.

I don't agree with the spirit of your post, but I do agree with its content for the most part.

Skel, there are many logical, rational and calm-spirited arguments as to why Christianity is weak. I would hope you would begin researching and using them, as your current reasoning sounds terribly personal and anger-motivated.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:10 pm
By sinking to the level of those you oppose you make yourself no better to them.

There is no reason to go after Christians. There is no reason to go after anyone for what they believe. Let them come to you, and if they come after you...then defend yourself.

Attacking when unprovoked is what gets many theists in hot water...and that is not a card you want to take out of thier hat...trust me.

Sanguvixen

Zambimaru

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:08 pm
I've never perposley gone after a religious person. All the times I have they started preching to me first. If I was going around trying to start something with them I would be no better then they are.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:55 pm
Not all Christians are like the ones you've described. For example, my parents are Christian, and my parents are awesome.

I think the word you're looking for is "Religious Right." Now, they are all morons.  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Alphabet Whore

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:12 am
Actually, Skeleton, some of my best friends are Christian. My parents are Christian. They learned to accept me being Athiest, and don't try to shove their beliefs on me. In fact...I've never had a anyone 'badger' me about converting or God. I think you are being close-minded.  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games