Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Just a bunch of words I put together...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  ^w^
View Results

The Lights of Seoul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:59 pm
Sailboat

A boat sails on the horizon
Its snow white sails flapping in the wind
Its course already set
A sailboat in its way

Flowers

Flowers dancing gently with the wind
Swaying back and forth to silent music

Ocean

Sparkling Ocean
Leaping dolphins
Blue sky  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:34 pm
You'd be really good at haiku. And Tak's 100 themes deal.

Might wanna give 'em both a try...the first one's fun, dunno about the second.  

KirbyVictorious

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Well keep putting bunches of words together, 'cause you ain't that bad wink

Actually, I think we have a poetry forum for this stuff, but I don't know if anyone goes in there anymore so I'll leave it out here. I'm starting to realize I don't visit anything besides the Main forum, the Spam forum, and the Book/Writing Discussion forum. Bad mod, bad...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:30 am
Rather lovely poetry, my dear! I particularly like the first one.  

Scathach789

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:35 am
You are a bad mod Hawk.. If you say soemthing like that make sure your Super doesnt see it! tisk tisk.

People still do visit the poetry form m'dear. And I will have to move this there, but if ya would just tell me you have seen this I shall.

But you are very good at putting things together, so if you are up for a challenge, Try out my Project. It is in the Contest forum called 100 themes.

But be warned.. I have been working on it for over a year now.. (was a year on June 6th) and I am only on 88.

Oh, and Welcome!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:54 am
Hawk has a point, Tak. I don't know why no one visits the poetry forum, but if they do no one comments on anything. And I'm being kind of a hypocrite...I stopped commenting too. Probably biterness that some of my best poems went unread.

You know something? I have never been to the RPing forum. Ever. Weird, huh?

Anyway...you'd be very good at 100 themes, and it's great for the subject-deprived writer, the writer with writer's block, and those with ADD. ><  

KirbyVictorious

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:04 am
You have too. You randomly popped up in the middle asking what a roleplay was.. then never came back.

But leaving this place unorganized it not going to fix anything. Everyone complains you want this place to be more active.. Well dammit start commenting forreal! No more just randomly spamming.. Go around and comment.

This is not a chatter community.. It is a Famnily of Writers.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:11 pm
The Lights of Seoul
Sailboat

A boat sails on the horizon
Its snow white sails flapping in the wind
Its course already set
A sailboat in its way

Flowers

Flowers dancing gently with the wind
Swaying back and forth to silent music

Ocean

Sparkling Ocean
Leaping dolphins
Blue sky

What an elegant display of simplicity ^_^

I really enjoyed these.  

NovaKing

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:50 pm
Now, now, Takky, you learn more about people through aimless conversation than writing and critique. And us being a family means us knowing each other well, because that's what we do.

Though critiquing is something I heavily support, because if you don't tell someone that you read their story they'll be sad and disencouraged from writing any more. ):  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:01 pm
KirbyVictorious
Now, now, Takky, you learn more about people through aimless conversation than writing and critique. And us being a family means us knowing each other well, because that's what we do.

Though critiquing is something I heavily support, because if you don't tell someone that you read their story they'll be sad and disencouraged from writing any more. ):

I disagree kribs. You may learn a lot from "aimless conversation" but you can still learn just as much, if not more, from how the person your talking to tells his or her story. Indeed, you may not feel it necessary to disclose your inner state of being to a person in the normal confounds of idle chit chat; but when your writing something, you have to dig deep within your personal experiences to weld together viable representations of the real world.

Your characters, descriptions, and attention to different aspects of a story, can all reveal specific aspects of your inner self.  

NovaKing

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:53 pm
You stole my thoughts Nova.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:31 pm
Tak-Jak
You stole my thoughts Nova.

Ill take that as a compliment Tak-jak. ^_^  

NovaKing

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items