Reply Atalantë - A new beginning
When did you first get your hands on Tolkien? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tears of the Siren

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:32 pm
Have you read Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series? They're quite good. My librarian recommended them to me and I couldn't put them down. They're rather long though, and (I think) twelve (or maybe eleven) of them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:36 pm
O right, I've been meaning to read that series. Haven't gotten around to it...and the length does throw me off as well. I like reading oneshot, so normally trils and quads are as far as I go, unless they are short books like C.S Lewis series and Deltora quest (not including sequels).  

Rudhe
Captain

Galad Aglaron
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:45 am
Oooh, I love Wheel of Time. There's eleven so far, but the twelfth is being written.

DELTORA QUEST!!! *glomps* I'm not the only one! blaugh

What about Tamora Pierce's Circle of Magic series?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:17 am
Hehe, I loved Deltora quest, but hated the sequels. Just couldn't stand it...I stopped reading after the first few.

Circle of magic, I think I've read Will of the Empress. Its not bad, although I did find it a bit Mary-Sueish. its a good for light reading though.  

Rudhe
Captain

Galad Aglaron
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:29 am
gonk But they're some of my favourite books! Deltora, Circle of Magic...

Well, you have a point with Circle of Magic. They're my guilty pleasure books. blaugh I like The Circle Opens quartet best, and of those, I adore Shatterglass.

I've been meaning to read Alanna and those Lady Knight books for a while now.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:28 am
I've read some of em. Its not bad, I'm not a big fan of Tamara Pierce though. I prefer Isobelle Carmody. I Thought "Greyland" was really interesting.  

Rudhe
Captain

Galad Aglaron
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:04 pm
OBERNEWTYN YAAAAAAAAY

*glomps*  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:46 am
When i was about 10 or 11 my teacher read The Hobbit to the class everyday before home time (This was in primary school), and I thought it was pretty amazing. Then a few months after that my cousin took me to see The Fellowship in the cinema and i loved it, although at the end i was like "why hasnt it finished?! I want to know what happens" gonk which i quickly had explanied to me that there were 3 books and therefore 3 films. I didn't start reading the book until the Two Towers came out, and then i was hooked and carried on, then i went on to read the silmarillion.  

The_Ginatron

Questionable Humorist

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:05 am
I still am amazed at how young some of you guys started reading the books >.<

Honestly, at that age in school we struggled with Tales of the Fourth Grade Nothing, Judy Blume and Chronicles of Narnia, C.S. Lewis...Although I did like though books....  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:19 am
My father gave me his battered copy of the Hobbit when I was 7. I enjoyed it so much that I asked him if there was a continuation to the story.

At that point he hesitantly gave me the Fellowship, Two Towers, and RotK (out of fear that I wouldn't understand it). I remember I having a difficult time and constantly needing clarification. On the other hand, it forced me to re-read the book several times.

@Wheel of Time: I've been meaning to try this series for a very, very long time. I'll definitely have to pick it up when I get some free time off work.  

Shin Kokuu

Atalantë - A new beginning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces