Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
chaos magick Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:45 pm
PrometheanSet

Or, look up Ellis, an Egregore created as a Linking Sigil that has grown her own personality; the group that created her has built a small pantheon of Egregores around her, but refuses to write a canon of mythology. They cite the independence of each person's perception for this lack of structure.

Can I have some links? Or a slightly more refined search-word(s)? I love reading about servitors that get too big for the creator's britches 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:47 am
erinnightwalker
PrometheanSet

Or, look up Ellis, an Egregore created as a Linking Sigil that has grown her own personality; the group that created her has built a small pantheon of Egregores around her, but refuses to write a canon of mythology. They cite the independence of each person's perception for this lack of structure.

Can I have some links? Or a slightly more refined search-word(s)? I love reading about servitors that get too big for the creator's britches 3nodding
That's more like personal experience about servitors. Especially since I don't tie them to a sigil, I seem to get more "adaptation" than a other friends' work. It is nice at times, when they teach me new tricks, but troublesome when they don't fulfill their purpose.

After some googlemancy, this seems to address (at least) a similar issue:
http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/chaos/texts/frank.html

Fotamecus might be a good example to look up. He started as a group's servitor, grew his own personality, and some contend he's practically a deity (though this was all done on purpose).

As for Ellis, add the search term DKMU (Domus Kaotika Marauder's Underground). Their forum can be found at deathbylollipop.com - just don't tell them you came from gaia. They've got literature and people to ask about Ellis. Many of them are quite happy with what what Ellis is growing into.  

PrometheanSet

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:02 pm
I'd heard about Fotamecus. Thanks very much for the links and info biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:45 am
they got a thing against Gaians? o.o

anywho, I've never had problems with Creating Servitors. I need no tools or rituals of any kind, and never needed to amass much energy. I find it helps to Create them within your Inner Realm.

of course these are all Astral Forms. I assume that the process for Creating one in the Shadow (Purgatory/Limbo) would be just as simple; just build up enough Energy to direct into Form. in that way, the Imagination is all that is nessesary to Will it into Being, because you are at that point only required to shape it and name it and such.

I'd strongly suggest doing this within a Circle though. preferably more than one layer. it's easy to go overboard, and there is also alot of room for error; the thing might absorb any surrounding energy that was not intended to be made into it's Form, and thereby become strong enough to be a problem if it chose to act out. it wouldn't be difficult to handle, if you knew what you were doing, but it's just proffessional to not have to handle anything that wasn't part of the original plan.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

PrometheanSet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:59 pm
Chieftain Twilight
Eh, some poor experiences with folks from, say, the PFRC, and a few others.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:32 pm
PrometheanSet
Chieftain Twilight
Eh, some poor experiences with folks from, say, the PFRC, and a few others.

ah, I see... I suppose I can't totally blame them, but yeh... that's a few private clubs within an otherwise very large community. confused

oh well. no reason they can't just wall themselves away in a private club of their own. just seems realy harsh to associate everyone from Gaia with those few assholes.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Hazelwish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:55 am
Chieftain Twilight

anywho, I've never had problems with Creating Servitors. I need no tools or rituals of any kind, and never needed to amass much energy. I find it helps to Create them within your Inner Realm.

What exactly do you mean by Inner Realm?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:47 pm
Hazelwish
Chieftain Twilight

each person has a section of the Astral which is formed by their own Mind (or maybe their Soul?). some have called it the "Happy Place", and there are all kinds of other names for it. I call it an Inner Realm.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Hazelwish

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:16 pm
Chieftain Twilight
Hazelwish
Chieftain Twilight

each person has a section of the Astral which is formed by their own Mind (or maybe their Soul?). some have called it the "Happy Place", and there are all kinds of other names for it. I call it an Inner Realm.

That makes sense. I remember one of my old lucid dreaming acquaintances mentioning something similar. So I assume that you have to astrally project yourself (or something similar) to get there?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:30 pm
Hazelwish
Chieftain Twilight
Hazelwish
Chieftain Twilight

That makes sense. I remember one of my old lucid dreaming acquaintances mentioning something similar. So I assume that you have to astrally project yourself (or something similar) to get there?

aye. I've found it useful to be able to practice what others have called "bilocating", which is to be able to Project Consiousness into the Astral, and still function Consciously in the Material. with practice, it becomes Natural to do. alot of the best Magical-work and Enlightenment comes from achieving a Conscious Astral Agenda, that is, "bilocating".

the best method I have come to for it, is to link your Subconscious and Waking Conscious together. it takes getting used to, and you can come across pretty dipsy or airy for it... alot of folks will make sure they kno how t Ground easily, so that they can just do this when they need to. I prefer being in a constant state of Meditation.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games