<3
View Results

Sini X

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:22 am
So, I have a monroe at the left side of my lip. I'd like to change the ball but I can't loosen it up. I've tried with my bare hands, my moms hands and with pliers (I think those just tightened it up) What should I do? Any tips that don't include going back to piercing studio to loosen it up (Do they charge for that?)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:01 am
Try soaking it in warm saline solution/water, that's what my friend did for her lip and that worked 3nodding  

CrimsonTears6434

Sini X

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:20 pm
I mean that the problem is with the ball not the "hole". Does hot water really help?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:22 pm
Generally, in such a situation, I use two pairs of closers to loosen them up. One to hold the back disk, one to clasp the ball. generally, it takes one quarter twist either direction to loosen it, then finish it with your hands.

However... Its best you not do it yourself, as a slip up could lead to a painful pinch (and in turn, an irritated piercing).

I dont bother charging at all for something like that, even though we have it priced. Tips are appreciated though.
Some piercers do charge for such assistance, generally around $5...  

StrawberryGumiho

apanda999

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:54 pm
Latex gloves help a lot with gripping the jewelry. And with those you always want to hold the back as well as twisting the ball on the outside.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:52 am
I don't think they would charge you
A lovely guy at Punktured opened up 6 of my larger sized CBR's (which are a b***h to open, and it took quite a long time) for free!

But I think that latex gloves would help.  

CandyCaneRazorBlade

popcornsharingbox

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:52 pm
Latex gloves tend to be more smooth, so I'd suggest going with rubber, personally. I'd assume you'd get more of a grip with those.  
Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games