Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
Death

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The-helper-of-the-poor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:25 pm

Well, my problem is probably common, but it's not one of those made up s**t-threads. My dad just died on July 3rd, the day before his favorite holiday, and he's been living in the hospital nearly the last 7 years of his life. I can't remember a time when he's said he loved us, and him and I never got along.

Yet, I can't help but feel sad and miss him. I understand life must go on, but....I guess I'm still in the denial stage...he just died earlier tonight...I can't believe it...

I dunno....comfort or advice?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:58 pm

whether or not you get along with your parents, they are your parents, they didn't' hurt you or anything so of course you still love them
some people have trouble expressing.
death is all part of life, you can't dwell on it, just deal with it

The Dadalorian
Crew

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:11 pm

You don't have to read this story/part of my post if you don't want to.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since before I was born, my great-grandmother had alzhiemers (sp?) disease. For those of you who don't know, it's when as you get older, your brain doesn't function correctly. Not like becoming senile. Severe memory loss occurs, both long-term and short-term. Maturity rapidly goes down.
By the time I was born, she had become violent, because of confusion. When I was ten, she finally lost everything altogether.
The past two years, it had been hard for her to function at all, such as eat, even lay down to sleep.
She died in February of this year.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My point is, you don't have to know someone, like someone, or get along with someone in order to love them.
I never knew her real personality, and I've always been close to any part of my family, but I still loved her and grieved her loss anyway.

It's normal.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:52 am

Mourn for him in a comfortable way. It's the least you can do. Then move on and look forward to your future.

Ionic_Warrior

Quotable Flatterer

5,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Voter 100
Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items