Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Fashion Advice
Conservative Parents Preventing Emo Fashion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Cosmo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:21 pm
Ammmmm
Black jean, white shirt ?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm
Just wear black, that way they'll think that you just like black. And if possible try to get tighter clothing.

Just a thought.  

Qmiser

walk like thunder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:08 pm
my mom hates the way i dress
so i go out in 'normal' clothes
and change in like, a bathroom or something  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:30 am
About the whole parental issue...

I actually had to struggle for my freedom of expression in my household.
I simply explained to them what I wanted to do and why. If you ever do bring up the topic of the emo culture with your parents, make sure your prepared to dispel any bad publicity that it gets, so your parents will understand that's it not something thats going to harm you. emo  

Introspective_Otaku

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:06 pm
parents who prevent it are smart  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:51 am
Soviet Mudkipz

Parents who take the time to consider your opinions are smart.
If a parent just all out rejects it, the child will be more inclined to rebel and have a power struggle with their "unfair" parental units ninja  

Introspective_Otaku

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:24 pm
XKira_Twilight_TearsX
Soviet Mudkipz

If a parent just all out rejects it, the child will be more inclined to rebel and have a power struggle with their "unfair" parental units ninja
do you not understand life ISN"T fair, your parents pretty much OWN YOU till you're 18
all they really have to give you is a bed, food, and clothes  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:54 pm
I’m easing my parents into it. My dad is always asking me why I don’t wear flowery, colorful, and happy clothes. I tell him that 1. It is colorful 2. It makes me happy and 3. Nothing comes with flowers anymore! My mom doesn’t say much. She just says that I should think what other people are going to say. I do, and tell her that if people are going to say that about me then I don’t want to get to know those people. I do talk to my parents about it and so far they let me wear what I want. But then again, my parents are pretty open-minded. sweatdrop  

Valarie Thorn

DerickIllustrious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:51 am
with me i just basically worked my way down... i went from baggy pants to slim fit but still a bit baggy and so forth.... there will always be somethings your parents will not let you do in this whole wardrobe thing.... just try your hardest with the major stuff and just be satisfied till they think your old enough to do what you want.... thats what im doing and its worked out pretty good so far.... (my mom even buys me girl jeans!! xd )  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:42 pm
Soviet Mudkipz
XKira_Twilight_TearsX
Soviet Mudkipz

do you not understand life ISN"T fair, your parents pretty much OWN YOU till you're 18
all they really have to give you is a bed, food, and clothes

i agree with you
its the law you have no real rights till your 18  

MezzoPianoX

cre8ive_ovadose

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:56 pm
Ionic_Warrior
Well, I'll give in. If it'll cause problems with your parents, just don't. It's clothing, not religion.

Sorry about the bad advice. Please forgive me.

It wasn't bad advice, all these ppl are just being whimpy kids. I say exercise the right of nonconformity, it makes life far more interesting and it's better to be free and do what you want than be unhappy because of somethin' your parents said. It's your choice and if they really love you then they'll accept it  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:11 pm
just wear skinnys (Or if thats too much atleast a bootcut) and a t-shirt thats tight. Try using a little eyeliner every day untill it gets up to a reasonable point :p  

xXBulletKillBreXx

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:59 pm
This thread is too old for any new posts and is now officially locked.  
Fashion Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff