Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ally Os

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:14 pm
The love for a horse is just as complicated as the love for another human being...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What do you Contemporary/Lyrical Ballet people do for warm ups?

...if you never love a horse, you'll never understand.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:54 pm
I was in a dance camp just last week and for modern we did a few warmups:

Itzadory Duncan - Basic hand and wrist warmup. Start with your hands in a Jazz pirouette/chaine position (AKA inverted First?)Leading with your pinky finger, followed by the rest of your fingers, then your hand, wrist, and finally the entire arm, you twist your arms out straight in front of you, wrists up. Twist back to starting position. Twist them out to your side, bend them slightly then straighten, then twist back to starting position. Twist arms back to straight out front, then up to an open fifth. Repeat bending and unbending, and go back to the starting pose. Repeat these steps, changing your second position a wonky sort of fourth, both sides. Warms up your wrists very well. Will definately be sore next day, cause you use quite a few muscles you might not usually use.

Train Game - It's more of a warmup for the mind than the body, but you start with everyone standing in a line. The person in the back of the line and strike a pose, attatching to the person in the front. The new back person will repeat what the other person did, just doing a different pose. Ideally, each person uses their creativity to attach to the front person, and become more and more comfortable with the people, being close and not caring about personal boundaries (being a dancer, this should already be very minimal). Poses should connect not just using hands, but by touching heads, wrapped legs around other limbs, and other ways such as twisting or hugging. The chain should be continuous, not choppy. Each pose should be thought of quickly, snappily. Momentum and energy is lost when someone pauses to think.  

The Artful Dodger`
Crew

Ally Os

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:58 pm
User Image The love for a horse is just as complicated as the love for another human being, if you never love a horse, you'll never understand.

I'm assuming it's going to be the same as what I've watched other classes do when I get to dry land early since I'm now in a normal class. It's prob. going to be mat workout/stretching then dancing then more stretching

A horse is an angel without wings User Image

Other Dance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff