Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Any Feltmakers?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wigan Pixie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:17 pm
Are there any feltmakers amongst us? I do the lot - wet, dry and knitted. Just wondered it there was anyone who wanted to exchange inspirational ideas and tips.

cheers
x - Jacky - x  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:46 pm
I haven't tried felting yet.

Mostly because I like the way stitches look.  

Mildred Pierce

Wigan Pixie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:57 am
Me too, but if you do some very fine felt you can easily stitch through it and the thicker felt looks beautiful with basic stitches - either folk art style or ethnic looking. You really should try it, it's very addictive - I know I'm booked into rehab to try to break my habit!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:07 pm
There is this pattern book that is for sewing cute felt characters. Its called Aranzi Aronzo Cute Book. You can buy it at Barnes and Nobles.  

Moko117

Tes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:59 am
~
Felt tempted me once, twice... alright for a month with it's delightful texture. I sat around my kitchen sink scrubbing away at my soon to be felt. It was love... and then reality set in: I'm broke and don't need yet ANOTHER hobby.
Maybe in the future I will pick up another felting project, namely a nice heavy bedside rug with a folksy landscape or something.

~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:21 pm
Felt addict here.
I love to felt wool yarns.
My favorite stuff to felt is three dimensional objects. to do that, you stuff it about half way, then evenly spread it around inside. then felt it.
Have you tried to make felted coasters?  

sonicrunner001

Fashionable Friend

9,025 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100

ellayaxP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:31 am
ive made a few things with felt and i luv it!! I also make my own felt with sweaters!! LOL!!  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games